Hello from a soon to be Karoq owner

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dorsetdumpling

Post by Dorsetdumpling »

Picking my new Karoq 1.5 Tsi Auto Sportline on Monday and looking forward to it very much!

I had planned on an SE-L, but the one that the dealer had in stock at another branch was snapped up while we were discussing the deal, so we were looking at a new build which I was told would be about 13 weeks.

However - and this is where I had to tell the little cynical voice at the back of my head to stfu - the dealer happened to have a couple of Sportline models in stock, obviously for a bit more money, one black, one white.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I am pleased with the deal we arrived at - they gave me more in part-ex than I paid for my old car a couple of years ago, and knocked quite a bit more off the price of the new car than ‘What Car’ or ‘Car Wow’ suggested I might expect.

So, as I said, I pick up my new toy on Monday!

One potential downside is that it comes with 19” wheels which would not be my preferred option - my experience of 19” wheels has not been positive in the past in terms of ride quality and tyre cost - does anyone have experience of the Karoq with skinny shoes?

Also, the rather weird plastic aero wheel trims (cheesegrater trims as the dealer called them) are a bit of an acquired taste - has anyone taken them off their new car?

IanW

Post by IanW »

Dorsetdumpling wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:12 pm
Also, the rather weird plastic aero wheel trims (cheesegrater trims as the dealer called them) are a bit of an acquired taste - has anyone taken them off their new car?
You might find this useful
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/5 ... 9D-alloys/
Dorsetdumpling

Post by Dorsetdumpling »

OK, just picked up the car today, and I asked the dealer to show me how to remove the aero covers (apart from the appearance, I had also specified a temporary spare wheel so in the case of a puncture, I’d need to know how to do it anyway).

One of the mechanics helpfully showed me that you loosen each of the ‘petals’ individually, then you get your fingers behind the central hub and pull that off.

If you want to run it without the covers, then you’d need to get hold of central caps and wheel nut caps.

Pleasantly surprised that the 19” wheels didn’t affect the ride too badly.
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

Aero trim removal is here:
Dorsetdumpling wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:49 pm OK, just picked up the car today, and I asked the dealer to show me how to remove the aero covers (apart from the appearance, I had also specified a temporary spare wheel so in the case of a puncture, I’d need to know how to do it anyway).

One of the mechanics helpfully showed me that you loosen each of the ‘petals’ individually, then you get your fingers behind the central hub and pull that off.

If you want to run it without the covers, then you’d need to get hold of central caps and wheel nut caps.

Pleasantly surprised that the 19” wheels didn’t affect the ride too badly.
As said above you will need to know this to change a wheel.\

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Hello DorsetDumping.
Welcome to your new car and to the forum.
Any questions ask away.
Which dealer did you get the car from?
If you are near Poole, I can assist with 'how to change a wheel'.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
SkodaJ2023

Post by SkodaJ2023 »

I have a Sportline '21 plate (after an awful experience with a facelifted 2021 Octavia - a story for another time !) and I think its a fine car - the 19" wheels arent the best for poor roads, and obviously new tyres are costly. Otherwise mine has been very impressive drivewise
2021 Sportline 1.5 Tsi DSG in black - lives near the beach in sunny Sussex. 😁☀️
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I've got use to my 19 inch wheels now, and at least they have a better chance of bridging across potholes than smaller ones would!

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post