how long did U wait ?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
2.0tsi4X4190PS2022

Post by 2.0tsi4X4190PS2022 »

Firstly I am trying to find out the average waiting time on brand new orders for the Karoq as I have just ordered one few weeks ago and was told the estimated delivery date was end of December 2022, hoping some other people can give me a better idea of a more realistic delivery date than this as estimated can mean earlier or later as you'll all know (I am in the UK).

I don't know if the spec makes any difference on dates but it's the same model as my username 2.0 tsi 4X4 190PS DSG 2022.

Thanks for any replies :)

fsec

Post by fsec »

You might get an answer here https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/364-skoda-karoq/ as it seems to have more traffic than this forum unfortunately. This is a good forum but rarely visited for some reason :cry:
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Briskoda is known as 'The Dark Side' reason being there has historically been quite a lot of unpleasantness on it.
It covers all Skoda models and is quite useful for tech queries etc.
I believe it is a commercial site, not just an enthusiasts site such as This one and as T=the Kodiaq forum was before it was sold to a Canadian company (and they don't even have Skodas n Canada) The new owners have ruined the forum (IMO) I was moderator there as well but resigned in disgust!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

With current chip supply problems, it can be difficult to predict delivery dates, and until you have been given a firm production week then it can move back and forth quite wildly.

Your dealer will first need to get your order accepted by the factory, who have quotas for the various distributors (ie Skoda UK, Skoda Ireland, Skoda Germany etc) so they all get a fair share of the production slots. Once he has that, the factory need to check the specification and order the parts required. Depending on the supply of these, including the paint colour, they can then schedule your car to one of the several production lines.

Your dealer has access to the Skoda computer system that should keep him up to date, and he is expected to pass this information on to you. However many seem reluctant to pass any bad news to their impatient customers! I found the best way was to use the 'chat' facility on the Skoda UK website once I had confirmation that my order had been accepted by the factory.

I note that German customers are being quoted Spring 2023 for their cars, and Germany is probably the second biggest market after Czechia! (Details at the Skoda Germany Forum : https://www.karoqforum.de/threads/der-g ... post-25865

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

When I ordered mine in May last year I did manage to talk to Skoda via the chat system. However as the wait went on (and I only waited 5 months) the response from Caht became less and less, and eventually they stopped giving information. Perhaps things have change significantly in the lasy year though!
spider

Post by spider »

I ordered a Karoq SE L 1.5 TSI DSG on 8 July 2022 and the Skoda factory accepted it on 20 July. It was built on 6 September and I took delivery on 1 October. Delivery could have been even earlier but for personal commitments. The dealer had predicted delivery within four month so I am very satisfied with such a timely outcome.

Karoq SE L 1.5 DSG Space saver, Light package, Convenience package, Travel Assist package, Amundsen Package Plus
officeboy

Post by officeboy »

We too have ordered a new Skoda Karoq S.E.L 1.5tsi with a couple of options been advised today 3.10.22 to expect the end of the year (so have advised them make it 2023) You should be advised 3-4wks before delivery it to the U