Contemplating a Karoq Edition

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
CJJE

Contemplating a Karoq Edition

Post by CJJE » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:21 pm

Hi all,

I had an Octavia L&K diesel for some years, then switched back to VW (first a Golf Plus and now a Golf SV (nee Sportsvan).

As this is now 5 years old I'm looking at possible replacements, and a Karoq Edition 1.5TSI DSG is high on my shortlist. I was considering a Kodiaq but can't really justify its size to myself (or my wife!) or a Tiguan SEL (but then they discontinued their Caribbean Blue).

Chris
Previously owned an Octavia L&K 2.0TDI, currently driving a Golf SV, but looking at changing it for a Race Blue Karoq Sportline :)

kodiaq

Re: Contemplating a Karoq Edition

Post by kodiaq » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:29 am

Welcome to the forum.
What an excellent choice :lol:
The best thing about a Karoq over the Vdub is that you get a better built car for a lot less money!
Not that I'm biased of course, being on my SEVENTH Skoda. ;)

Caribbean is a lovely colour. Unfortunately Skoda are a bit boring with their palette.
Try my current colour, petrol blue, which really sparkles in the sun.
My car at dealer before I bought it.
Or Race blue.
Colin Lambert. AKA, Kodiaq. Poole, Dorset.
Karoq Edition 1.5 DSG, Petrol Blue, F&R Sensors, Beige leather & Spacer saver.
Pan roof, rear camera, blind spot, lane keeping.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & Kodiaq Forums.

CJJE

Post by CJJE » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi Colin,

Yes the Race Blue is a big attraction for me, I'm really glad Skoda haven't held it back for the sporty trims only :)

Chris
Previously owned an Octavia L&K 2.0TDI, currently driving a Golf SV, but looking at changing it for a Race Blue Karoq Sportline :)

draig

Post by draig » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:50 pm

I've seen a petrol blue in a dealer and it looks really good. I had the equivalent on a Seat (Lava Blue) and it looked good in all light...as long as the car was clean :D
AKA Dai, deepest darkest Wales
Karoq Scout 4x4 2.0 TDI 150hp
Black Magic (Pearl)

CJJE

Post by CJJE » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:56 am

Update: after compering specs and looking at lots of pictures - and waiting for the dealers to be able to open again! - I'm now leaning towards the Sportline instead. Mainly because I prefer the body colour bumpers and rear seat. OK, so the seat doesn't slide forward, but it has a central armrest that doesn't leave a gaping hole into the boot either, and you can have a variable boot floor in it.

Chris

draig

Post by draig » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:09 pm

When I bought my Karoq Scout the salesman told me that he wasn't disappointed - he was lined up to have it as his company car but as I had bought it it meant he could have a Sportline instead. If the salesman likes the Edition that much then it must be good :)
AKA Dai, deepest darkest Wales
Karoq Scout 4x4 2.0 TDI 150hp
Black Magic (Pearl)