KESSY

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

PHOENIXDSG wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:32 pm I'm brand new here with my Brand New Karoq and found my boot open a couple of times (Luckily it has not been raining, and I live in a good area). Not sure if keyfob in my pocket whilst sitting in the house can open it OR the cat walking under the rear bumper might activate the opening. Any views?
It is most likely that the boot open button has been inadvertantly pressed whilst the key is in your pocket. This has happened to me several tmes. In fact, on at least one occasion, I pulled onto our drive in our other car, got out and wathched as our Karoq hatch opened. I did some tests and found that the hatch open button works quite a long way from the car, but it will only close when the key is near. I also found that the key has to be very close to the car for thesensor under the bumper to work. The simple solution is not to keep your key in your pocket; it is a habit I can't seem to get out of.

PHOENIXDSG

Post by PHOENIXDSG »

@Routemaster1
Thanks for the reply, and sounds exactly like what I'm doing. It's going to be a habit I need to find a way out of as in all my years driving my keys are always in my pocket. I'll apologise to the cat for blaming her setting off the under bumper sensors :lol:
That aside, I totally love my new car. 8-)
Thanks again, safe driving!
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I have a small clip and keep my key on a belt loop on my trousers. keeps it out of the way, stops inadvertent 'clicking', but easily to hand if you DO need to press a button. Simply Clever! :lol:
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
PHOENIXDSG

Post by PHOENIXDSG »

@Kodiaq
I guess I need a utility belt as I have already got a "Pager" and an "airwaves" radio. When I started working I used to have one of those belt loop keyholders as my work keys scratched my leg and put a hole in my trouser pocket.
Dear Santa, please bring me a nice key loop thingy.

Cheers
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

I have just spent a few minutes tseting the hatch opening. Thebutton on the key fob will open the hatch from around 35 feet, but the only thing it does when trying to close it is to flash the indicators twice. It doesn't actually close the door until you are about 6 feet away. The foot sensor does not open the door until the keys are approx 6 feet away, and will not shut the door unless closer than 6 feet.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post