SD card slot

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
MrMac

Post by MrMac »

Hi
I am a recent Karoq owner, of a 2020 SEL. I want to update the Sat Nav, and have downloaded the file from Skoda Portal, according to the Portal I have an Amundson system. In my glove box there are two SD slots, one has my card with music files, but the other has another card already in it that I cannot seem to remove. Normally pushing in the SD card releases it, but not in this case, and the front edge of it seems to rock from side to side slighty. I don't want to force it in anyway and risk damage, is this the "Skoda Card" with the Navigation details on ?. Any help much appreciated.

Stevegtuk

Post by Stevegtuk »

As far as I am aware that is the Sat nav card. I got my 2020 SEL 2 months ago. On the test drive it had no cards in the slots and no sat nav. But when I collected car, one slot was taken and sat nav was working, so i presume it is removable.
MrMac

Post by MrMac »

I decided to take some long nose pliers to the SD card and found there was a Brass Cover in the slot over the SD card, presumably to prevent someone removing it. It took some getting out. Once it was out of the way I was then able to remove the SD Card. It was the Skoda Sat Nav data card, so now I was able to update the car Sat Nav.