software update.

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
KenA

Post by KenA »

Just had my Karoq back from its first service. When returned I was informed that during this there was an infotainment system sofware update and a camera control unit update.

Dudley

Post by Dudley »

Kenya,

Have just been informed by local Skoda Franchise that the promised remedial update for camera issues and general infotainment system has been withdrawn….apparently it has a fault!

Not known when re-issue will be made. Told yesterday that it will eventually be issued on a National basis to individual owners!

Don’t hold your breath….

Dudley
KenA

Post by KenA »

Not sure what that means with regard to my updates that Iwas told they carried out in my service on 26th.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

How odd. If that was the update to cure the false Traffic Assist warnings, it was applied to my car last summer, and the fault has not returned since then.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
KenA

Post by KenA »

After starting my Skoda Karoq yesterday I had a long text on the display to say there is an update ready to down load. I need to take a bit of time to read before doing anything. It states that whilst installing the car cannot be driven and it takes about 30 mins. I've been out a couple more times and got the message each time. It states that the down load is available until 12th Feb 2025. Not sure if this is an extra software update as the dealer had said there was an update in my service. H
Has anyone else had this message?
BarryC

Post by BarryC »

KenA wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:14 pm Not sure what that means with regard to my updates that Iwas told they carried out in my service on 26th.
When a dealer does software updates, does it show up as a separate item done? I've just bought a Skoda Approved used car, with the promise of software updates, but not sure if any evidence provided when they do it. As well as functionality, I would think an important aspect will be security updates, and would feel happier knowing they were up to date.
Skoda Karoq 2020 SE L 2.0 Diesel 150 PS DSG 4x4