Multi-Clutch Failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Foxy

Post by Foxy »

Hi all,
I have a 21 plate automatic Karoq, nearing the end of its 3 year Warranty period (in April).
The car recently started vibrating when driving at low speeds so I took it to Skoda to investigate. They've told me it's the multi-clutch, which has worn and requires replacement. Out of Warranty this would have cost circa £2000 so I dodged a bullet by taking it in straight away!
Surely the multi clutch shouldn't fail on a car this age with very average mileage. The only thing I can think of is if the car ran low on oil at some point depriving the clutch of the lubrication it obviously needs.
Has anyone else known this to happen?
Grateful for your thoughts/comments.
Quartz Grey SE Drive 1.5TSI 150PS DSG. Heated windscreen & front seats, variable boot floor, Electrically operated boot, wireless charging.

IanW

Post by IanW »

The only thing I can think of is if the car ran low on oil at some point depriving the clutch of the lubrication it obviously needs.
A 1.5 TSI will be using the DQ200 DSG which is a dry clutch!
Foxy

Post by Foxy »

That's good to know, thanks.
Quartz Grey SE Drive 1.5TSI 150PS DSG. Heated windscreen & front seats, variable boot floor, Electrically operated boot, wireless charging.
Bramleyapple

Post by Bramleyapple »

Lack of engine oil should not affect the DSG clutches. They are separate components.