KESSY Keyless entry

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
IanD

Post by IanD »

Have just took delivery of my new 2023 KAROQ SE-L 1.5 TSI AUTO on the 29th Dec and I would like to know if I can lock my doors with the KESSY system, I can open the doors ok by putting my hand on the door handle sensor and all doors will open, I have set it that way in the info system car menu, but it will not lock the doors the same way I have to press my key fob I have changed the settings on the menu to only open a single door but it’s still the same I have to use the key fob to lock it, I can unlock and lock all doors with the mobile app Skoda Connect can anyone help me with this problem, my old Honda i could lock and unlock from the door handle sensor as long as the key was on my person, l would expect that a newer vehicle would also do the same.
Any help would be appreciated thank you

mic44

Post by mic44 »

It should do , put the back of your hand over the handle where the key slot should have been .
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

Yes, back of the hand is the way to go.
It is too easy to touch the inside of the handle, confusing the lock/unlock system. Back of the hand precludes this confusion.

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
BTandSid

Post by BTandSid »

Didn’t realise I had the keyless system when we bought our 2020 Sportline last year and oh my what fun did I have 😂 Had to leave the car around the corner one night so double checked it was locked but of course as soon as I pulled the door handle it opened. Assuming I’d not locked it properly I shut the door again, locked it with the key fob, lights flashed, gave it a few seconds and pulled the handle ‘just to be sure’ and 🤬 the car unlocked. By now there was a space outside home so I moved the car, meaning to call the dealers in the morning but decided to have a quick look at the handbook in the meantime.
In the words of the Senior Trotter “you plonker”. Gave Significant Other a good laugh as well.
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

BTandSid wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:02 pm Didn’t realise I had the keyless system when we bought our 2020 Sportline last year and oh my what fun did I have 😂 Had to leave the car around the corner one night so double checked it was locked but of course as soon as I pulled the door handle it opened. Assuming I’d not locked it properly I shut the door again, locked it with the key fob, lights flashed, gave it a few seconds and pulled the handle ‘just to be sure’ and 🤬 the car unlocked. By now there was a space outside home so I moved the car, meaning to call the dealers in the morning but decided to have a quick look at the handbook in the meantime.
In the words of the Senior Trotter “you plonker”. Gave Significant Other a good laugh as well.
If you want to check, try pulling a rear door handle.
BTandSid

Post by BTandSid »

Routemaster1 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:57 pm
BTandSid wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:02 pm Didn’t realise I had the keyless system when we bought our 2020 Sportline last year and oh my what fun did I have 😂 Had to leave the car around the corner one night so double checked it was locked but of course as soon as I pulled the door handle it opened. Assuming I’d not locked it properly I shut the door again, locked it with the key fob, lights flashed, gave it a few seconds and pulled the handle ‘just to be sure’ and 🤬 the car unlocked. By now there was a space outside home so I moved the car, meaning to call the dealers in the morning but decided to have a quick look at the handbook in the meantime.
If you want to check, try pulling a rear door handle.
Having established that we had keyless entry, I realised that the boot opens independently 👍
Suppose the moral is that you should read, or at least glance at, the handbook at some point 😄 Upon reflection the dealer never mentioned it when we first saw the car and then collected it, although it was always open so unlocking it was never an issue.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post