Re program key fob

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Croge

Post by Croge »

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help. I have seen this question be asked but I'm struggling to find an answer. Both keys for my Karoq needed battery replacement. I've had and ateca before this car(sorry) and never had this issue. Changed the Batterys in both key fobs at the same time coz I'm a clown, and now the car won't unlock with the fob. Changed the battery for a like for like Panasonic. Don't really want to go to the dealer for them to fix it. Is there a way I can make the fob work again to unlock and lock the car. I have tried all the usual manually lock and unlock the car multiple times while standing on one leg and humming the national anthem but no joy. Any help at all will be appreciated!

Thanks

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

There's a procedure in my owners manual (in the section about changing the keyfob battery) where it talks about needing to synchronise the key by pressing a button on the keyfob and unlocking the door manually via the locking cylinder within 1 minute. I suggest you check in your manual in case its different for your car.
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Croge

Post by Croge »

Hi mate, thanks for the reply. I did see that in the owner's manual but it has not worked and I've tried it a few times 😕 was hoping someone on here had a similar experience and had a fix. Should have said in my prev post it's a 2020 model. Cheers
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

Sorry to state the obvious but you do have the batteries in the correct way round?

Is there a little red light on the key fob?
Does it come on when you press a button?

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
Croge

Post by Croge »

Hiya Tom, thanks for the reply. Yes mate the battery is in the correct way with the writing on it facing up. Red light comes on when a button is pressed. Pain at the min as unlocking with the key manually seems to set the alarm off and got to hold the key to the start stop button to switch it off. Doesn't always got off first time. Can be 30 odd seconds or more.
lrussell

Post by lrussell »

Hi mate. How did you solve this problem in the end? I have just run into the exact same situation as you, both keys dying batteries, changed them at the same time and neither of them work to unlock the car, or are detected to start the car. Absolute pain in the a**. I´ve been messing around with all sorts of supposed configurations but nothing working, curious if you fixed it or a dealer fixed it in the end?