12v outlets

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
KenA

Post by KenA »

Plugged my tyre pump to the 12v outlet in the boot of my Karoq today and it does not seem to be working. Tried it in the front socket and works fine. Not sure whats going on and wondering if its not been connected.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Did you have the ignition on when you tried the boot socket?
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
IanW

Post by IanW »

Did you have the ignition on when you tried the boot socket?
Mine's permanently live on my 2021 SEL. In fact I used it this morning to inflate my cycle tyres.
KenA

Post by KenA »

Being permanently live is what I understand is the case. I've had a mobility scooter hoist fitted which goes on the left hand side of the hatch. Leaning more to this installation causing the problem possibly due to the installation may be needing the side panel removing to install wiring. I've now contacted the hoist installer of the and they will send a fitter on 10th May. Trouble is that I'm assuming the 12v socket has worked since the car delivery some 5 weeks ago.
IanW

Post by IanW »

That sounds feasible. My first thought when you posted was a blown fuse, but from what I can see from the manual, there's only one 12v socket fuse. So if one socket is working it cant be a fuse problem.
Mike sandy

Post by Mike sandy »

Hi , I bought my Karoq with an aftermarket tow bar fitted by John Wayne , It needed a genuine wiring loom fitting to get rid of some errors .
Afterwards the torch / boot light stopped working . They'd not reconnected the plug , I found it dangling behind the panel , next to it is the wiring for the 12 volt socket .
It might be worth checking to see if the plug is loose
Karoq 1.5 SE with tow bar
Dark blue metallic
KenA

Post by KenA »

Mike Sandy, many thanks for your suggestion. I located the small removable panel above the 12v outlet and sure enough the plug had been disconnected during the hoist installation for my wifes mobility scooter.
Reconnected and all is working well.