Light Assist Package

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Survey

Post by Survey »

My late 2022Karoq SEL was came without 3 items I had specified and informed were on the car. The dealer has accepted responsibility. The items were 1. Change headlamp dip beam when abroad, 2. Cornering foaglamps, 3. Automatic dipping of high beam. I believe none of these items can be retrofitted. Reading various posts on the forums I understand that the light switching abroad probably isn't necessary because LED headlights tend to move vertically rather than biased to one side, the cornering lights are not much good because they don't actually swivel, and the headlamp auto dip often doesn't work when approaching a car' rear lights rather than a car coming towards one' s car.

The dealer has offered to buy my car back and provide a new one with this light package, but I wonder if, based upon my comments above, if the light package is actually worth the money?

What are the experiences of forum members in this regard?

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

As you say the cornering foglights only light up on one side when cornering slowly. But they still give a useful light in the dark below the headlight beam.

I find the auto main beam very useful, and it works well for me, raising and dipping the headlights when required.
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Survey

Post by Survey »

CJJE wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:11 pm As you say the cornering foglights only light up on one side when cornering slowly. But they still give a useful light in the dark below the headlight beam.

I find the auto main beam very useful, and it works well for me, raising and dipping the headlights when required.
Thanks!
Survey

Post by Survey »

According to Skoda UK ( via my dealer and separately to me) the standard lights conform to an EU regulation making them suitable for driving on the left or the right. Apparently they dip OK when abroad to avoid dazzling cars in the opposite direction. I had never heard of this but if indeed it is true, it would be very useful indeed. Anyone have knowledge of this.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post