Karoq SEL Load Lip

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
roboandkate

Post by roboandkate »

Have been looking at getting a new 1.5 TSI SEL with the VarioFlex seats but I need a boot with a level floor. With some cars you can order a spare wheel and get a raised boot floor, is this the case with the Karoq? Thanks

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Certainly is. But very expensive. If not wishing to spend the money my tip (as I once did- not on a Skoda) was take out the floor covering, use as a template on some plywood. Obtain something like a 4 inch fence post and cut it up, screw. to plywood et voila A RAISED BOOT FLOOR.
If you want a spare wheel, go to your local scrap yard and find one, often comes with jack and wheel brace. I bought one for my Karoq for £70. It does not have to be a Karoq space saver. any small VAG group 5 stud fixing should fit. Check the PCD, offset and centre bore.
From memory the spare kit from Skoda is around £270 :o
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
roboandkate

Post by roboandkate »

kodiaq wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:03 am Certainly is. But very expensive. If not wishing to spend the money my tip (as I once did- not on a Skoda) was take out the floor covering, use as a template on some plywood. Obtain something like a 4 inch fence post and cut it up, screw. to plywood et voila A RAISED BOOT FLOOR.
If you want a spare wheel, go to your local scrap yard and find one, often comes with jack and wheel brace. I bought one for my Karoq for £70. It does not have to be a Karoq space saver. any small VAG group 5 stud fixing should fit. Check the PCD, offset and centre bore.
From memory the spare kit from Skoda is around £270 :o
Thanks Colin, I know its a cost but over the life of the car its not much, just fed up with wasting life on silly things when I could be out sailing 😀
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

No problem, obviously your choice. I think I would agree with you!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post