Proposed purchase

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
BTandSid

Post by BTandSid »

Good morning everyone, am being forced out of my beloved Land Rover to comply with Mayor Khans ULEZ expansion in August. Had the Kodiaq on my shortlist as my son has one and is very pleased with it. Went to a dealership yesterday and came upon the Karoq which would suit us just as well and should prove cheaper all round. Had a look at a 150SE L and a Sportline.
Needless to say Significant Other and myself have had a disagreement over a small issue and I’m asking for some advice please. I’m liking the Sportline which of course comes with the panoramic roof; SO isn't so keen, saying that we rarely opened the sunroof in the LR and it simply acted as a heat trap which she found uncomfortable with sun beating down on her head. What’s the panoramic roof like in the Sportline?

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Personally I love sunroofs in a car, and can hardly remember the last car I bought without one. I seldom drive with it open, but it's handy to cool the car down when it's been parked in the sun for a while, and I like the extra light it adds to the interior (especially the Sportline since it has a funeral black headlining.)

The Karoq's is tinted, and I've never found the sun causing any heat problems, but if it did, then the simple solution is to close the sunblind. (In practice I only do this in winter in the hope it will retain the heat better as the car warms up.

The extra length of the panoramic sunroof is also useful for rear seat passengers as otherwise the sports seats in the Sportline cut off their vision and can affect anyone prone to car sickness.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

My wife would never let me buy a car without a sunroof. It doesn't particularly matter whether it opens or not, she loves the extra light and the feeling of openness. The sunshine helps to warm the interior in the winter and there is always a blind if it gets too hot. Our Karoq is the first car we have had for a long time with an opening sunroof. So far no leaks, and it has rarely been opened.
BTandSid

Post by BTandSid »

Thank you both. I must confess that in our only visit to a dealership we couldn’t get into a Sportline so weren’t aware that there was a blind. That may help me in persuading SO that the Sportline is the car we really need to be buying 😏
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

My Sportline (20 reg) had a retractable blind under the sunroof, so that should solve the problem for SWMBO :lol:
Unless of course, Skoda is penny pinching even more than usual and have done away with that item.
I love sun roofs, unfortunately, not available on my current set of wheels.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
BTandSid

Post by BTandSid »

Well we’ve bitten the bullet and gone ahead and bought a 150 petrol auto Sportline. Should be picking it up in 7-10 days