New to Skoda, getting a Karoq SE L but…

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Runningpuffingbilly

Post by Runningpuffingbilly »

Why have Skoda designed the rear seat so that when you use the armrest there is a gaping hole through to the boot? Doesn’t seem to be very well thought out.

Anyway, mine is a 70 plate Race Blue DSG with less than 6k miles. Did loads of research on SUV’s including comparing the VW Tiguan & Seat Ateca (I have driven a Seat Leon for the last 8 years without any issues), and felt the Skoda was the best option.

Picking up on Thursday.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I agree... and that's one of the reasons I preferred a Sportsline! No doubt it's part of the VarioFlex design, which some owners love, but I'm never likely to want to remove the seats. (I also preferred painted bumpers to grey plastic ones from the 80s, and find the sports seats very comfortable even if they do cut down the view for rear seat passengers.)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
superstardeejay

Post by superstardeejay »

I had the SE-L with the 3-way back seats and TBH I never noticed the arm rest thing! Maybe because I never sat it in. Now I have the sportline and (goes out and checks) yes there is a hinged panel between the armrest and the boot which can be folded down...I suppose to accomodate skis. Another difference is the change from a mesh luggage cover to a solid parcel shelf

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post