Car users Manual.

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
KenA

Post by KenA »

With my previously owned Vauxhalls I've always down loaded the car user manual so as I know what all the different switches etc. do. It seems I need my Karoq car Id before I can do this.

Do we actually get a printed manual with the car?

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

No you don't (have to enter the VIN!)
Not sure about a hardcopy manual. Why not just ask the dealer??
Here you are.
https://digital-manual.skoda-auto.com/w ... 30_1_en_GB
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
SkodaFan

Post by SkodaFan »

Picked up my SEL (2023 facelift version) in October.
Yes - you do get a printed manual which at first glance seems to be full of information BUT on several fronts I have found the booklet to be seriously lacking.
Detailed instructions for the SatNav for example.
I raised queries with the supplying dealer & another branch of the same company slightly nearer to home but with no success.
I've even spoken to a "Customer Support Agent" at Skoda HQ in Milton Keynes, to discover that the customer support isn't supplied by an internal department at MK but is outsourced.
"No problem" says he "I'll send you a link to download a .pdf version of the manual". He then discovers that there is no downloadable version of the up-to-date manual (last downloadable one was the 2021 version), with the only option with the online version being to take screenshots and print these out. Very customer-friendly!
I have since discovered (amongst other things) a report two years ago in Auto Express - https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/opinion/3 ... it-purpose - which sums the whole thing up - cars are good but built-in infotainment system is, on the whole, not much better than useless.
I've solved my problem with the sat nav following advice & suggestions from others, and now use Waze on my mobile paired with the car by Android Auto (you could alternately use MirrorLink).
This forum & the other well-known Skoda users interchange have been very helpful, and I can't help but wonder what we'd all do if there were no 'independant' information exchange systems.
Good Luck !
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Skodafan.
Unless they have changed their system the CS for Skoda where hosted by VW.
Like most CS they are not that good. If anyone need real help from Skoda Cs ask to speak to a CS MANAGER. The knowledge level of those answering the 'phones is, in general, minimal!!

He is wrong about the up to date user manual.

There is one dated Nov 22. Go here>>>>>>. https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/your-skoda
Go through the pages, IGNORE put in VIN, choose year, market (other) and language.
et voila!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
SkodaFan

Post by SkodaFan »

The Nov 22 version is the one I've accessed previously & referred to in my post above.

This version does not include detailed instructions on various elements of the '23 facelift car (SatNav for one), and is not downloadable other than by screenshots & printing.

The hunt goes on !!
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

The infotainment system and satnav was updated to the MIB3 version for MY21 cars in late 2020, and I believe that is still the current system. So you can download a pdf copy of the MY21 owner's manual from https://www.manualslib.com/manual/19853 ... e=1#manual.

I quite agree with the deplorable reliance on providing digital versions of these manuals rather than paper ones, and note that the paper copy provided in my MY21 car also referred me to the digital file for info on the infotainment system (perhaps explained by its very recent introduction on production cars). However it goes with the VAG philosophy of not offering paper brochures in dealers any more (although Skoda at least still offer PDF copies unlike VW and Audi.)

They claim it is to reduce paper so they can claim they are going green, but it must be far greener for them to print documents on professional printers than have owners consuming ink cartridges surely. So I suspect the main reason is that consumers can't be bothered to read instruction manuals anymore.

As a side note... back in the 80s (I think) I installed Microsoft Office on a Windows 3 PC, and it came with a bookshelf-full of instruction manuals! Those were the days :)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

For those who actually have a paper manual, my car is in the dealer for an SOS system issue. Apparently it is more than just a software update. But oodly there is a recall on the car, which is apparently just an alteration to something in the paper manual, which then needs communicating with Skoda. If I remember, I will post again when I get the car and manual back.
Woody

Post by Woody »

kodiaq wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:38 pm Skodafan.
Unless they have changed their system the CS for Skoda where hosted by VW.
Like most CS they are not that good. If anyone need real help from Skoda Cs ask to speak to a CS MANAGER. The knowledge level of those answering the 'phones is, in general, minimal!!

He is wrong about the up to date user manual.

There is one dated Nov 22. Go here>>>>>>. https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/your-skoda
Go through the pages, IGNORE put in VIN, choose year, market (other) and language.
et voila!
I would advise NOT to sidestep entering the VIN. We have just taken delivery of a ex-demo Karoq Sportline TDi first registered at the end of September 22. Finding the Digital Handbook about as much use as a wet **** I went surfing and found the page above for handbooks. Now my car is an MY22 version so when I was offered handbooks for Feb, June and Sept I would have expected to select the June edition. WRONG. When I entered my VIN it told me I needed the Feb edition - all 328 pages of it!

On another forum a contributor has entered a breakdown of the VIN which shows mine was built in late 2021. The build years are late summer 2021 to late summer 2022