Intermittent warning lights

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
amiiee93

Post by amiiee93 »

Hello,
I own a 2018 diesel SEL karoq and yesterday driving a light warning light came on (all lights were fine), then turned off, a few minutes later back on, off, on, then the parking sensor warning light joined in until finally, the entire dash lit up like a Christmas tree, engine turned off (while driving) and that was it. I turned the car back on while rolling at 50mph and no warning lights. I continued to drive home and another 45mins later another warning light came on for headlight distance, this kept flashing on and off.

Not sure if it's a battery issue, alternator or water getting in somewhere.

Just wanted to see if anyone has had similar issues or if these cars are sensitive to driving in the rain...

Happy New year

Forgot to mention I pulled over initially when the first warning light went off and I tried to shut the engine off but the stop/start ignition button didn't work, the engine wouldn't shut off at all.

Pastelman

Post by Pastelman »

I have a Karoq 2ltr DSG my 3rd Skoda, this one purchased new in 2021, I have been plagued by the SOS warning triangle. The first time the dealership replaced the CPU and it occurred again several times, they have updated the system and it is still happening, going back to dealers on January 11th. This fault is now occurring almost weekly creating some weird features:- Screen going blank, unable to select drive mode, sometimes goes into Sport drive, Maps disappear, Passenger side heater selection goes onto High setting. Skoda Assist contacted and no fault found, however the last contact instructed me over the phone how to reset the system. This usually works but it defers back to the fault again within a couple of weeks. The fault is both disconcerting and annoying, I have lost maps in a completely strange area whilst using navigation system several times. on one occasion the maps has gone onto a graph paper type display with an arrow showing nothing? When journeying on a motorway and the warning triangle appears you feel obliged to pull off ASAP and either call Skoda Assist or try the reset which doesn't always work. Needless to say I am very frustrated.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post