Mpg

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

Hey

I have found the very same . Eco mode actually gives me less MPG ! It's so bizzare . I have the 1.6tdi with DSG gearbox . I wonder if it's the gearbox that doesn't like eco mode and they actually fight against one another - what transmission do you have ?
It's my only gripe with the car so far , not that it really matters as I know to use normal drive mode!

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I ran my 1.5TSI DSG on Eco mode while running the engine in and can't say I saw much difference in either performance or fuel consumption when I set it back to normal for the next few tanks of fuel. The last tank on Eco mode 39.3mpg next tank (normal mode throughout) 35.6mpg. However, the drives were quite different too; the eco tank was about 60% motorway whereas the next tank was almost entirely local commuting.

However, I suspect we may all be looking at this the wrong way. Instead of expecting the Eco mode to improve fuel consumption at the press of a button, it is probably more realistic to use the mode selector to reflect the way in which we are driving. For instance, on a long lazy journey select the eco mode to match the car to the style of your drive. but when pushing harder and wanting a bit more responsiveness set it to sport. The way the car is driven is the major influence on fuel consumption, the drive modes are simply assisting you to achieve the desired outcome by setting the car to suit your needs.

Thoughts?

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Glasgow - Warrington and back - 2 up down and extra 3 grandkids and luggage on way back. Cruise control on at 69 mph and returned 50mpg overall. Impressed the 1.0L held 6th gear all the way over Beattock and Shap with no problems
Grumpy. Karoq 1.0L SE in Business Grey previous Yeti owner
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

A relaxed run back from the New Forest to South Buckinghamshire yesterday evening produced the trip summary below:

51.7mpg from a 1.5 petrol is really not too shabby. (The journey down was a little busier and I "only" got 49.7mpg)

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Dunstable to West Sussex yesterday in rush hour around the M25 at a relaxed pace returned me an indicated 46.7 mpg on a car with less than 500 miles on it. Happy with that, not much different to the mpg in the VW 1.4TSI DSG we have in our other car (a small hatchback).
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Thought I'd add to the thread,  as I noticed our long term mpg has been reset, bit annoying that we hadn't noticed and written that down.

Had our car since February 6015 on the clock.

Long term on 1524 miles average mph 24  average 42.5mpg over 62.31 hours 92 green leaf

since refuelling 157 miles average 26 mph average 44.5mpg 6.04 hours 91 leaf.

We have the edition model, 1.5 dsg and certainly use the heated seats and the heated windscreen on these figures and air con when required.  Husband uses the eco mode. His Monday to Friday commute is only 5 miles each way, one of these journeys is one junction on the motorway and the return on 30mph roads at rush hour.  In the long term figure this would have included a journey to Central London and back yesterday and from Kent to Croydon and back a few weeks ago.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Just completed a 54 minute drive round Bournemouth suburbs .99% green leaf. 32.9mpg.40 miles now on odo.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Bob Spence

Post by Bob Spence »

Picked up my 1.6 TDI SEL last Friday and have to say Ime amazed at MPG figures. Running around the doors minimum is 57 and best 62mpg and it's not run in yet.

Previous car was 66 Reg Sportage 1.7 TDI and didn't get near these figures.

VERY impressive and delighted with rest of this lovely motor.
Bob Spence

Post by Bob Spence »

IMG_1919.JPG

Bob Spence

Post by Bob Spence »

Getting even better