Disconnecting battery

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Thanks for the heads up.

I would also recommend putting the Skoda Assistance number in your phone; just in case...

You might also want to consider putting one of these in line with your cool box to prevent a repeat performance. (I have no experience of this particular device, it was just the first example that came up in a search).

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

wiggie35

Post by wiggie35 »

Thanks Milfmog. As suggested, I have entered Skoda Assist's number in mobile and now keep a copy accessible in cabin. I was intending to install a [simple] on/off switch on the cooler as it is highly unlikely that I would forget to switch it off ~ but one never knows! Have looked at suggested device 'on line' and am impressed; so have ordered one. It is versatile in that it can accommodate other 12V devices without in-built switches and used in other vehicles. Cheers. Ged.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

wiggie35 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:03 pm Thanks Milfmog. As suggested, I have entered Skoda Assist's number in mobile and now keep a copy accessible in cabin.
Ged,

I have one of the credit card sized plastic cards with the Skoda numbers on it. It lives in the little cubby by my right knee, where I recently discovered a slot just the right size for storing a credit card... Just another simply clever feature I was not expecting.

As I said, I have no experience with that particular device, so I would be interested to learn what you think of it once you have had it for a while.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

disappointed

Post by disappointed »

prospero wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:35 pm I may be leaving it for three months or more.
A modern battery will be fine for 6 months or more I left my motorbike in the garage for 8 months and the battery was fine and the bike fired up first go.
Johnd5314

Post by Johnd5314 »

I brought the topic up of operating the bonnet release with the door closed with my dealer and the Skoda Master Technician(!) showed me on one of the showroom models that pulling the release lever outwards gives just enough room to operate the lever around the edge of the door card and release the bonnet.
wiggie35

Post by wiggie35 »

Milfmog wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:47 am
wiggie35 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:03 pm Thanks Milfmog. As suggested, I have entered Skoda Assist's number in mobile and now keep a copy accessible in cabin.
Ged,

I have one of the credit card sized plastic cards with the Skoda numbers on it. It lives in the little cubby by my right knee, where I recently discovered a slot just the right size for storing a credit card... Just another simply clever feature I was not expecting.

As I said, I have no experience with that particular device, so I would be interested to learn what you think of it once you have had it for a while.

Have fun,

Ian.
Hello All

Reference is made to my post dated Friday 20 July 2018 and Ian's query above.

1. I have tested the device suggested by Ian and it works fine. I left the cooler plugged in over night and the device switched off the cooler before exhausting the battery. The car started without problem. As belt and braces, I have fitted an on/off switch to the cooler and IF I forget to switch it off, the override device should operate ensuring that there is sufficient charge remaining to start the vehicle. Thanks Ian for the suggestion.

2. The reason I have not responded earlier is that it has taken Skoda Customer Services 3½ weeks to come up with a definitive answer as what to do in the event that the passenger door cannot be first opened to operate the bonnet lever. Before passing on the advice I should say that the conflict between the passenger door and bonnet lever afflicts the Octavia as well <https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/3 ... at-battery> and has been the subject of discussion since 2015 ~ so the issue is not new! In short, if there is no power to the doors, other than the driver's door which can be unlocked manually, the solution is to gently pull the bonnet catch outwards so that it clears the passenger door (and hope it does not break in the process). Until such time as power is restored, passenger doors + boot remain locked. I have been advised by Skoda that consideration be given to anything stored underneath the cargo floor (ie in the spare wheel void) as it may not be possible to access anything in this area until power to the boot hatch is restored. As to anything in the boot above the floor: crawl across the driver's seat into the rear passenger area; drop rear passenger seats; and access whatever is required. Following this advice: I now carry my jump leads and instruction manual in the rear, passenger door pockets. I understand that the plastic panelling at the front passenger side housing the bonnet lever has not been re-located to the driver's side for economic reasons.

Ged
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Thanks for the update Ged. Good to know the battery saver is working for you.

Have fun,

Ian.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post