Greetings everyone!

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
W3lly

Post by W3lly »

Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum. Ordered a new Karoq 1.5SEL in business grey on 30th May 2018 from my local dealer. Fingers crossed dealer reckons I'll have it by end of June all been well, can't wait!
Skoda Karoq 1.5SEL in Business Grey with adaptive cruise control.

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Welcome aboard.

If I were you I would start reading the manual now, it is available on the Skoda website, here.

That way younwillnhave an idea of what the toys can do and how to make them do it.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
W3lly

Post by W3lly »

Thanks for info, I did download manual last Wednesday when I did the deal. I'm halfway through it at the moment. Very similar spec to my 2014 Qashqai 1.2 Ascenta Premium but WOW what a difference to drive!
Skoda Karoq 1.5SEL in Business Grey with adaptive cruise control.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I had a Qashqai on hire for a couple of weeks shortly after I ordered my Yeti in 2014. Those two weeks served to underline the good decision I had made by buying a Yeti! The Qashqai drove well and rode well, but the lane guidance system was turned off a few minutes after I discovered it (all it did was irritate me) and the automatic dipping headlights were lethal in the tight lanes of Devon; every time I approached a sharp bend, they interpreted the sharp bend warning chevrons as approaching lights and dipped, just when I really needed the light, Other toys and gadgets seemed to have been fitted to amuse rather than assist the driver and some of the switch placement was downright stupid.

I have been really impressed with the lane guidance and blind spot warning systems on the Karoq; they really help the driver instead of distracting me just when I should be concentrating. All the other toys seem to work and the heated front screen and steering wheel will make those cold frosty winter mornings far more bearable. Having said that, I am still unsure whether I made the right decision by trading the Yeti in for the Karoq; somehow I am just not enjoying the K as much as the slightly quirky snow beast.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

White walker

Post by White walker »

Hi I picked mine up in April. So far loving it. One very small issue after rain dirt seems to collect inside the rear doors . Maybe a future rust spot but after cleaning car I put a few drops of light oil to make sure. Other then that I can't fault it.
Upon collection I took the karoq to Titan covers where took a pattern from it to make a boot liner. Three weeks later I was the proud owner of a free boot liner and I must say it fits perfectly. It even covers into all the recess and pockets,great or the dogs.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

White Walker, I'd be interested to know more about the boot liner. did you select the extender for when the seats are folded/ The split seat option/ (And does that have one split or two?) Are the boot light covered over? Anything else I've forgotten? Disclosure: I have two dogs, a mastiff cross and a cockerpoo (aka "The Mud Magnet").

Have fun,

Ian.

White walker

Post by White walker »

Hi milfmog (Ian)
While I was at the Titan factory I was given the choice to pick any colour and any or all variations of their boot liners. Obviously I chose all starting with the bumper cover, the boot liner and the boot liner extender. The bumper cover is sewn on to the boot liner and just folds up into the boot out of the way. An essential part in my belief those dog claws soon make a mess of the bumper. The boot liner it self comes with either one split or two or none I picked two. This way you still can use the central opening . None of the lights are covered and the boot liner fits into all the boot shapes and pockets . The boot liner extender fastens to the rear of the front seats so that at anytime you lay or remove the rear seats this extender fits over the top of the liner. So infact you will be covered from the rear of the front seats all the way to the bumper. Great when carrying both dogs. If interested I took pictures of the liner and they have posted them on their Facebook page .Thats Titan covers Facebook. I hope this helps you ,personally even though I got them for free I would have definitely paid for them .
Roy.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Thanks Roy,

we have a similar type of cover in the back of my wife's Fabia and it is brilliant, so I am glad to know that something is now available for the Karoqand can feel the cards in my wallet starting to twitch.

Have fun,

Ian

White walker

Post by White walker »

Hello Ian,
I must say I'm impressed with it especially when the muddy dogs get in, all it takes is a quick wipe and we're ready to go again.
I asked while I was there if they'd had any enquires about the Karoq boot liner.They said that they have been surprised in the interest especially for a newly released vehicle.
Anyway Ian get the wallet out of your pocket even if it's only to let the moths out.

Roy
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Looks like £150 well spent. Not cheap but with all the options it could save an immense amount of cleaning or damage.

Looking at titan's website, they offer versions for a high floor and a low floor. Do you know if they do one for the mid height floor/ I have the space saver wheel rather than a full spare (I ordered the full width, but got the skinny. I decided to keep it because the extra depth in the boot is useful to me).

Have fun,

Ian.