Vehicle Tracker

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Edwintse

Post by Edwintse »

Hi,
I hope to be purchasing a Karoq very soon and set about getting an insurance quote. To my surprise the insurance company (LV) said the car wouldn't be insured for theft if no Vehicle tracker was fitted.

Can anyone advise as to whether the Karoq has one fitted?

I do believe it has a emergency call button to alert the emergency services in the event of an accident, but not sure if this is the same as or could be used as a tracker.
Any advice welcome.
Thank you

gailjon

Post by gailjon »

It's not the same thing and you don't have to go with LV. Try the myriad of other insurers who don't need a tracker fitted. I had them trying to get a tracker fitted to my Touareg when it was new but just went with another company. A tracker was going to cost me £500 to get fitted so I told them where to go and insured elsewhere.
Usually trackers only need to be fitted to cars over £50000 value (which the Treg was) but it is not a universal requirement and I don't know why they would want one fitted to a Karoq unless you live in a really high car crime area.
Edwintse

Post by Edwintse »

I'll try other insurers also, thanks for the reply
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Edwintse wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:14 pm I hope to be purchasing a Karoq very soon and set about getting an insurance quote. To my surprise the insurance company (LV) said the car wouldn't be insured for theft if no Vehicle tracker was fitted.
This is interesting, I wonder if it is your location more than the car. The reason I say this is because my husband's policy is with LV. His insurance was due on his previous vehicle a Lexus IS300H Lux on 17 February and we took delivery of the Karoq on 1st February, we actually received a refund from LV when we changed over. His quote for his 2013 Lexus on 17 Feb was £358.59 (bearing in mind this was on a vehicle half the value of the new Karoq) this also didn't cover European use. His insurance policy which he took out with LV on a brand new Karoq 1.5 DSG Edition with extras and European cover, legal expenses, guaranteed courtesy car was only £243.95. Our car is garaged overnight but left in a staff car park during the day plus he has to have business use as well, plus just noticed the excess went down as well from £400 to £200 with the new car.

Just be aware as well though that LV do not offer a brand new car if yours is written off within the first year which some companies do, we took out a GAP policy which covers, back to invoice, finance and replacement vehicle cover separately not via the dealer.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post