Prospective Owner

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Hello all

Hovering over ordering a new SE-L DSG, but can’t decide over 1.0 or 1.5

I no it all depends on driving style and requirements, but I’m wondering if anyone else had a similar delemma

Loved the car over all similar SUVs, much kinder ride that the Ateca and better spec

Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

My husband has just had this months What Car magazine delivered and they have a comparison between Renault Kadjar 1.2 Karoq 1.0 and the new Vauxhall Grandland 1.2. It is a 10 page article and the Karoq came first. The Karoq they looked at is the SE-L version. May be worth having a read as most of the youtube reviews seem to talk about the 1.5 petrol version.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Murph82

Post by Murph82 »

The dealer I dealt with had a 1.0 and 1.5 and after driving them both the 1.5 was the one to go for, the engine and power delivery just feels effortless in the 1.5 and gets up to motorway speed smoothly. I don't think I could live with the 1.0 even if I was mostly city/town driving.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Murph82 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 pm The dealer I dealt with had a 1.0 and 1.5 and after driving them both the 1.5 was the one to go for, the engine and power delivery just feels effortless in the 1.5 and gets up to motorway speed smoothly. I don't think I could live with the 1.0 even if I was mostly city/town driving.
Yes I’ve now driven both and agree, I’m now trying to get a deal to try and narrow the gap between them as the better contribution is only on the 1,0
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

When I collected my car the dealer told me that they had been refused permission to put another 1.5 on their demonstrator list. Apparently some marketing wonk has decided they don't need to allow people to test the engine that most of the motoring journalists think is the best matched to the car. Strange how some people's minds work...

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post