Help appreciated

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Djdan

Post by Djdan »

Hey guys new to the forum , just wondering if you guys have experience with noises coming from the engine bay on a fabia 56 reg . Thinking maybe it might be the transmission but it shifts fine .

I have enclosed a video so you can hear the noise I’m on about

Daniel

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Hello Daniel,
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry can't see a video attached.
You do realise this is the KAROQ forum,
If your Fabia is DSG, we may be able to help. If it's manual it will be a different gearbox.
What engine does your Fabia have (fuel and size in c.c.) and how many miles. It is 17 year old after all.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Djdan

Post by Djdan »

Hi sorry for the late reply didn’t get a notification .yeah I relaid it’s not really the right car for the forum but it’s hard to get a good forum where people will reply these days .

It’s a 1.9 TDI PD engine I believe around 186,000 miles

I’ve attached a link to the file now in Dropbox where you can hear the sound it’s just about noticeable over the sound of the engine thanks again Dan .

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jq5pza2y ... 7x5wy&dl=0
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Morning Dan,
I listened to your recording and bearing in mind it's an 'oil burner' and therefore noisier than a petrol engine, I couldn't hear anything untoward.
It is quite difficult to pin point it without being able to move my ears around the engine bay. Have you listened with the bonnet up and your head near the engine? While somebody revs it up?
I assume the car was stationary and you simply 'blipped' the throttle?
You did not say if it was DSG or manual transmission.
If you are really concerned, I would take it to a garage.
What is your level of mechanical knowledge? If you know what to listen to you can buy a car stethoscope which will give you a much better idea of where the noise is actually coming from. https://www.google.com/search?q=car+ste ... e&ie=UTF-8
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)