Lane Assist and Dynamic Roadsigns not working

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
the_crofter

Post by the_crofter »

Hi looking for some help and advice. Got a 2021 Karoq showing Lane Assist and Dynamic Road Signs warning lights. Took it to dealer who says that it’s most likely a build up of salts and muck on the radar at the front of the vehicle which would require them to take off the front bumper to clean. Two hours work £250 as it’s not covered by the warranty?
Am I being fobbed off?

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Yes!!

The front radar cannot read road signs or see the white lines on the road! These are seen by the camera behind the internal mirror! The front radar is only there to detect vehicles in front of you for the Front Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control systems.

Now the camera needs to have a clean windscreen in front of it, but the windscreen wipers will normally do this for you. However it could be worthwhile giving the area a good manual clean too.

Do you also have a travel assist warning (if fitted to your car)? If so, this is a well-known fault that has affected many VW, SEAT and Skoda cars. At first this was put down to sensors in the steering wheel not detecting your hands on the wheel, and many cars (mine included) were fitted with new steering wheels. However this was not always a complete cure and last summer Skoda issued a
Service Campaign 48S5 to dealers to update the camera software. Touch wood, this has cured the problem for me. (More details at https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/5 ... ble-alarm/ ) The Skoda Australia website can tell you whether your car is subject to this update (which your dealer should tell you about when you have it serviced! See https://aus.skoda.com.au/request/vin-checker

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
the_crofter

Post by the_crofter »

Chris
Thank you for your response and support. Ended up taking my Karoq to an alternative Skoda dealer and they found and sorted out some software updates!
£200+ saved by ignoring original dealership.
Just goes to show that they haven’t a clue
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Willing to name and shame them?? It could help some other owners!

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
IanW

Post by IanW »

Just goes to show that they haven’t a clue
except how to relieve unwary customers of their hard-earned money unneccesarily!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post