Engine Over heating !

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Karoq newbie

Post by Karoq newbie »

Hi
Yesterday my 2019, 2.0 TDI SportLine, DSG, 4WD engine overheated. I have only had the car a month and it was its first real long drive. From the south coast UK up to London and back. On the way back, just got on M25, put my foot down to get up to 70mph and suddenly the warning beep and 'engine overheating ,pull over' came up. Looking at the temp gauge it was way on the red. I pulled over, let it cool down a bit and cautiously drove off the M25 at the next exit. To cut it shot, RAC came out, checked every thing, coolant fine, fan working .etc. We ran the engine for a while no issues. Went for a drive and nothing more happened. It did creep over 90 deg, and if I took of the power it went back down. Drove home, taking it easy obviously!
I will get it booked into Skoda but ,just interested to see if anyone else has experienced this?

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Sounds like it may be a sensor problem.

Certainly worth a word with your dealer, (Hendy? Bournemouth?) I would think.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Karoq newbie

Post by Karoq newbie »

On some other Skoda forums it seems it could just be a coolant pump problem. To be precise "a swelled rubber seal". The description of what happens is exactly what happened to me.
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/3 ... nt=4607641
Maz

Post by Maz »

Hi all. My Karoq is from 2018 and done 79k. In December I that the overheating warming and temp was 130C after 30 30-minute journey on the motorway. After some time on the hard shoulder, it cooled enough that I could continue my commute to work. It was an intermittent issue but the temp sensor was replaced and it worked well for a month but now it's doing it again.

Many thanks for the information about the “swelled rubber seal” in the pump. I will get in touch with my garage and try to get it sorted. I will keep you informed.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post