Potential Owner, looking for advice

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
tobiyunak

Post by tobiyunak »

Hello!

My wife is pregnant with our first one so it seems sensible to sell our 2016 Mini Cooper and buy a used 2020/2021 Karoq. I did a lot of research and will probably go for an SE L given the Varioflex seats and the additional features.

One thing I have not been able to find out and I am hoping you can help with is the actual boot space with a spare wheel. We viewed a Karoq with a full size spare wheel and that definitely took some of the space away. Do all Karoqs have either a full size or space saver spare wheel or are there some that only have an inflation kit? Is there a difference in boot space?
Given we are looking for a used car we have limited choice. We do few long journeys so would happily sacrifice the spare wheel for more space.

Thank you very much in advance!
tobi

Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

From what I recall from when I bought ours, there is no spare wheel as standard, and I specified one when we ordered. Ours is 125/70 18, and doesn't impinge on boot space. Interestingly the insert into which it fits is marked Seat, not Skoda.
IanW

Post by IanW »

As Routemaster says, there is no spare fitted as standard. I bought my 2021 Karoq SEL as a pre-register and it had no spare, just an inflation kit. The dealer supplied and fitted the space saver wheel and kit at my request.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I have an unused spacesaver which can be collected from Poole Dorset for £50. If interested please P.M. me.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
BTandSid

Post by BTandSid »

No spare wheel in our 2020 Sportline so invested in a spacesaver from another forum member which fits neatly into the well. Kodiaq has one if you’re local?
Bramleyapple

Post by Bramleyapple »

I have a 2021 Karoq SE-L which came with a full size spare wheel in a well below the boot floor and is limited to 50 mph if you have to use it. In my opinion I would rather have a spare wheel than a repair kit.
The boot space is very good but the Varioflex seats do not fold flat. They fold forward and are held in place behind the front seats by bungees which are hooked onto the head restraints.
When rear seats are removed the floor is not flat. The space below seats has electrical contacts for the rear seat belts warning lights.
BTandSid

Post by BTandSid »

@Bramleyapple I suspect that if it’s got 50mph stamped on it, it’ll be a spacesaver and not a full size spare
tobiyunak

Post by tobiyunak »

Thanks all. If you look at these two pics from 2020 Karoq Boots, is the difference in floor height due to one having a spare savers spare wheel and one having a full size spare wheel? I looks like it is material.

255775e7e4a64155a46e1d191498fa6d.jpg

8aa77b206305446f8d8f34a434f6dbd7.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post