Amundsen Infotainment Bluetooth and/or Wifi

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Marnhullman

Post by Marnhullman »

I've just bought a secondhand Karoq with an Amundsen Infotainment device. Do I need to connect via Bluetooth and Wifi (using my phone as mobile hotspot) and if so why do I need both connections? I've connected successfully via Bluetooth and Google Maps, Waze and Spotify work fine so do I need Wifi as well?

Grateful for any advice.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Connect what to what and how old is your Karoq?

MY21 cars and newer (with the SOS button at the top of the windscreen) have their own data SIM which can provide data updates to the satnav with traffic problems and map updates - if you have a current Skoda Connect licence of course. I think this was an option on older cars.

My phone connects to the car via Bluetooth to give me hands-free telephony, and presumably would use its own mobile data signal to connect to Google services should I want it to.

I think there is also a way to set my phone up as a mobile hotspot in the car should I have children sitting in the back wanting to use their tablets - but as my children are much older and don't live with me anymore, I have no direct experience of doing this :)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Marnhullman

Post by Marnhullman »

Chris

My Karoq is 2019.

When I collected the car the previous owner attempted to demonstrate making a Wifi connection without success so I said I'd sort it later!

Like you I don't need to share a wifi hotspot with others so I'll just forget that feature.

Another question: do you know how to delete Android app shortcuts that appear on the Amundsen screen when the phone is connected. I believe the shortcuts get created whenever an app is used on the connected phone but I've got some app shortcuts on the Amundsen screen that I do not need but I can't find a way to delete them?

Regards

Mike

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post