Central Locking issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Kelly80

Post by Kelly80 »

Hi all,

I am experiencing an issue with the central locking on my Karoq. 2018 automatic model 1.0L. Specifically its the automatic locking that kicks in when you start to drive off and hit 10mph. It tries to lock but it appears there is something in the rear passengers doors not working so kinda makes a click several times but won't allow the auto lock to function. It then keeps happening periodically when driving so every so far it tries again and click click click. I've tried pressing the padlock button to see if can manually override but same issue.

I've tried looking at some basics such as anything obstructing, taking the child safe lock off and back on again and checking all doors are shut properly.

Before I go hunting around on the internet thought I'd see if anyone else has had this issue and it might just be a simple fix?

BTandSid

Post by BTandSid »

Have you tried altering the ‘lock timer’. Perhaps change the speed or time at which it kicks in, if it’s possible
Kelly80

Post by Kelly80 »

Thanks BTandSid - didn't have an option to alter lock timer but just took of the auto lock and seems to be okay now just manually press the padlock

Thanks