VarioFlex seating reclining

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
adept

Post by adept »

Hi!

I understand that VarioFlex seats recline. When reclining them forward, they would, of course, completely fold.

But how far would they recline back? My local Skoda dealer does not have any SE Ls in the showroom, so I can't easily check this out myself :( Any info is greatly appreciated, and if you happen to have any photos/videos, I would be really indebted to you.

I understand that if you have the boot cover in place, it will get in the way, so let's suppose that I remove it. I also understand that in three-seat 2nd row configuration boot sides and/or boot cover fixtures will get in the way, so let's suppose that I removed the middle seat and shifted the other two to the centre.

Based on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdc-oRKp3gw&t=154s (2:36 mark) in two-seat 2nd row configuration the seats should clear the sides of the boot with a space to spare and have the opportunity to recline quite a way back - but do they? Would they recline as much as VW Touran's rear seats, for example (see the middle seat on this photo Image

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

From 2mins 12 secs.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
adept

Post by adept »

Thank you.

In the video, though, Matt has three seats in the 2nd row + boot cover in place, and you can see that the seat only goes back a little way before being stopped by something.

My question essentially is - can it recline even more, especially if you leave just 2 seats in the second row?
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

I've just checked mine (2021 Edition). The 2 outer seats do not clear the wheel arch so can't go right back. The seats only have 2 positions and at max recline they are limited by the wheel arches and the boot cover. The centre seat only reclinse as much as the outer two, so will not recline further when the centre seat is removed and the other two seats are moved inwards.
adept

Post by adept »

Thank you, this is very helpful!