Drumming Noise

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

That is appalling!
All three of my Karoqs were very quiet. Which obviously confirms that the older ones were fine. So they must have done something (left sound deadening out??)
I can comment on Mich Primacy 3 compared with Bridgestone Duellers.
My HRV HEV had the Michelins and were quiet and grippy.
My CR-V HEV has the Bridgestones and they are rubbish in comparison noisy and almost impossible not to spin* puling out of a side road with any lock on even in the dry. I felt very 'surefooted' in the HR-V, but I feel I have to very careful in the wet in the CR-V . If I had a £grand to spare I would dump the Bridgestones and put Primacy 3s on.
* Bear in mind I am talking about HEVs with instant and huge torque. Which of course the Karoqs don't have to the same degree.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

Gayrisafi

Post by Gayrisafi »

Any updates El Turf?
Suffering from the same noise in my 2023 Karoq 1.5 tsi on 18" GoodYear Eagle F1 Asy 5 tyres.
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

kodiaq wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:48 am That is appalling!
All three of my Karoqs were very quiet. Which obviously confirms that the older ones were fine. So they must have done something (left sound deadening out??)
I can comment on Mich Primacy 3 compared with Bridgestone Duellers.
My HRV HEV had the Michelins and were quiet and grippy.
My CR-V HEV has the Bridgestones and they are rubbish in comparison noisy and almost impossible not to spin* puling out of a side road with any lock on even in the dry. I felt very 'surefooted' in the HR-V, but I feel I have to very careful in the wet in the CR-V . If I had a £grand to spare I would dump the Bridgestones and put Primacy 3s on.
* Bear in mind I am talking about HEVs with instant and huge torque. Which of course the Karoqs don't have to the same degree.
Also bear in mind that, if you have eco tyres, they are made for low rolling resistance to maximise range, but this results in poor wet grip. This may well manifest in poor grip moving off resulting in wheelspin.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

The only problem I've had with Bridgestone Duelers is the variable tyre noise on different road surfaces. In fact I'm amazed at the grip they deliver all year round (although my 2.0TSI does have 4 wheel drive of course.) I'm also interested to note that the tyre wear over front and rear wheels seems very similar, but will be looking to replace them with all-season tyres when I have to.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post