Intermittent starting issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
BRig

Post by BRig »

Hi everyone, I’m after bit of help if possible. Our local Skoda has been pretty unhelpful in helping us with this issue. They said it could be an earth lead issue, But this wasn’t the case.

We’ve had a constant problem with our 2018 1.5 Karoq petrol since we brought it. Sometimes it just doesn’t start, you turn the key in the ignition and it turns over. But doesn’t start. This happens sometimes randomly first thing when getting in the car

Or

If you stop the car, turn the ignition off. (Leaving the keys in the ignition ) Then go to restart the car 5 minutes later it just turns over and doesn’t start. The only way to get it going again (I’m not sure if this is me making it up in my head ) is to lock the car. Wait till everything goes off, unlock the car and open/close the door and turn on and it starts. That seems works 90% of the time but not always and sometimes can take 20 minutes before it’ll start again.

We have been to Skoda so many times annd keep going and they’ve said if we or them can’t recreate problem then basically it doesn’t exist. There’s no error codes, no engine lights nothing.

The car drives like an absolute dream and there are no other issues

Any help would be much appreciated.