Flashdrive

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Survey

Post by Survey »

I read somewhere on the forum that there is a flashdrive with a C connector at one end and a 'normal' USB connector at the other plus the C connector end is at right angles to the flashdrive enabling the drive to be plugged in to the car and the sliding cubby cover to slide over and conceal the flashdrive. I just cannot locate the post. Looked on Amazon etc but cannot find this.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

My Memory is the place to go!

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/mymemory-128 ... 0mb-s.html

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Survey

Post by Survey »

CJJE wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:32 pm My Memory is the place to go!

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/mymemory-128 ... 0mb-s.html

Chris
I cannot see one matching my requirements on my memory. It was s contributor to this forum who posted the detail of the drive, but I can't locate the post!
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Sorry I missed the right-angled bit. But the one I linked to will fit under the sliding cover and is the type I use myself.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Survey

Post by Survey »

CJJE wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:25 pm Sorry I missed the right-angled bit. But the one I linked to will fit under the sliding cover and is the type I use myself.

Chris
No worries Chris. I'm surprised that drive fits ok under the sliding cover, but as you say it does, sounds good. Now the problem is it's out of stock!
24 VRT

Post by 24 VRT »

Try - too. I have this one and it fits under the cover. Also out of stock, but I usually find that you can order on Amazon and they'll advise the expected date they will get stock in and not charge you until then.
SkodaFan

Post by SkodaFan »

Try this:-

As you'll see there are several sizes available.

and this:-

solves the problem of the sliding cover.

I've got a setup using these two gizmos and the cover isn't obstructed.
SkodaFan

Post by SkodaFan »

Can somebody tell me how to get hyperlinks to appear normally in posts/replies ????
Survey

Post by Survey »

SkodaFan wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:09 pm Try this:-

As you'll see there are several sizes available.

and this:-

solves the problem of the sliding cover.

I've got a setup using these two gizmos and the cover isn't obstructed.
Hi SkodaFan. I assume the SanDisk is a normal flahdrive with a C connector and the other one is just an adaptor? The SanDisk looks s decent drive but does it really not obstruct the sliding cubby cover?
SkodaFan

Post by SkodaFan »

The SanDisk is a double ended affair - USB-C to USB-3 - both of the 'plugs' slide in & out. USB-3 to PC to copy everything then USB-c to the car for playback.

The right angled adaptor keeps everything below the sliding cover. As mentioned previously I can't find the knack of posting hyperlinks into these messages so would suggest you have a look on Amazon, starting with the following:- www.amazon.co.uk/AuviPal-Adapter-Connec ... t-Extender - which is part of the URL of the page for the adaptor I've got. There are two or three slightly different types.

I started with a 128Gb Flashdrive but the car took ages to trawl through everything (probably some highly logical reason for it) & so I moved to 32Gb drives (using three at the moment) which are scanned etc much quicker.