installing software update.

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
KenA

Post by KenA »

Having had my Karoq for just on a week now I'm wondering about updating the software. Each time I switch on the display I get the message that an update is available. Having looked in the cars user manual it say switch on the ignition
and download. I'm assuming switching the ignition on is just pressing the start button on without the foot on the brake pedal. Then switch off as you do not have to be present in the car.
So is the update installed by the system with the ignition off? In the case of my previous vauxhall the installation required the engine to be running and could take some 45 minutes.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

The software updates are pretty small and seem to be installed whenever the ignition is on and the car is not moving. So on mine, after telling it to go ahead, the software is updated as I drive through town each time I stop at lights or junctions etc. The map updates install automatically in the background whenever you are in an area that's been updated.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post