Quick hello and a query:

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog »

Well, a month or so into Karoq ownership and the signs are (mostly) good.

The "premium" German brands I am used to owning, need to have a ride in a Karoq to remind themselves exactly what constitutes a comfortable ride.

Interior space is impressive, allowing my 6'4" son to sit comfortably behind his equally vertically unchallenged 6'5" father.

Performance is.... respectable considering it is only a 1.6 oil burner. Slipping the gearbox into sport has provided more than enough thrunge for most situations. The Petrol would have been nice, but as my left shoulder is....Now what was the term used by the doctor? Oh yes, It's f*cked, I am forced to drive a self shifter. Unfortunately, the only cars I could find with a 1.5TSI with the DSG 'box, would have completely depleted my savings and a fair chunk of my W126/R230 fund. As things stand, opting for the less fashionable, heavy oil fueled car, meant the Teutonic barge fund only suffered a light skimming off the top.

On the whole, this car is proving to be the automotive equivalent of a chip butty. Although said fried potato filled sandwich is made with good thick crusty bread, spread with full fat English, salted butter and filled with thick cut, home made chips seasoned with a little sea salt and finest malt vinegar.

The end result is still relatively cheap to buy and unassuming to look at, but is in fact surprisingly satisfying.

It has just occurred to me that perhaps, if I were to use this same analagy to describe a 2.0TSI, a not inconsiderable dollop of chilli sauce would be added atop the chips!

The only fly in the aforementioned fried root vegetable containing comestible, is the ruddy Bluetooth! For some reason it seens to have forgotten that it also needs to transmit sound as well as data. Folk can call me and the call comes up on the screen but for some reason, I get no sound and they cannot hear me. Most annoying.

I have also just realised that there is no sound when playing media over bluetooth. It used to work brilliantly but it just seems to have randomly started to act up like a petulant teenager, refusing to utter a sound.

All advice on how to resolve the issue would be greatly appreciated and would lessen the amount of hair I'm currently pulling out (and swearing!) over the issue

24 VRT

Post by 24 VRT »

Re bluetooth - do you have another mobile that you can connect to the car to see if that one works properly? It may be your phone that, for whatever reason, is causing the problem. If you try another phone, try deleting the first phone before starting to connect the second.