Central Locking Fault - Solid Red LED on Driver Door

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
bingobanjo

Post by bingobanjo »

Hi there,

I have been having an issue for quite some time with the driver door on my 2018 Karoq. Symptoms as follows:
1 The driver door refuses to open when remote fob is used, have to use key in lock manually to lock and unlock
2 the central locking override button in the centre console no longer turns orange when the car gets above 15mph as it used to. In fact it flickers from time to time. All the doors except drivers lock when vehicle gets above 15mph but do not unlock when slowing.
3 when car comes to a stop and engine still running, pressing the central locking override button does not unlock any of the doors but they all make a sound as though they are unlocking. No doors can be opened from outside, have to open drivers door from inside to release them.
4 door latches make noise frequently when accelerating over 15mph and also when speed drops below. This never used to happen.
5 when attempting to lock the car with the remote fob the red LED stays lit for 30 seconds indicating a fault in the system.

I had the car looked at by a local garage and their summary was “Check drivers door locking fault. Fault code stored for latch mechanism electrical circuit. Remove electrical plug in door shut area and check for broken cables in wiring loom, none present. Recommend replacement of latch assembly.”

Replaced the OSF latch assembly part number 5TC837016D and all seemed to work as normal for 2 days but some of the problems seem to have returned. The driver door now locks ok with the remote but the red LED light now comes on when locking again. Also symptom 2 has returned.

Has anyone else had these issues and found a resolution? I really don’t want to sink a load more money into hunting this down.

Many thanks in advance

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post