Just ordered brand new one

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
2.0tsi4X4190PS2022

Post by 2.0tsi4X4190PS2022 »

Hello and thank you for having me, cheers :mrgreen:

2.0tsi4X4190PS2022

Firstly I am trying to find out the average waiting time on brand new orders for the Karoq as I have just ordered one last weekend and was told the estimated delivery date was end of December 2022, hoping some other people can give me a better idea of a more realistic delivery date than this as estimated can mean earlier or later as you'll all know, I am in the UK.

I don't know if the spec makes any difference on dates but it's the same model as my username 2.0 tsi 4X4 190PS 2022.

Thanks for any replies :)
2.0tsi4X4190PS2022

I have waited on any replies and there has been none, so I thought I would see if maybe now anyone is able to answer please ?
BrnM

Post by BrnM »

I have just ordered a new Karoq this week and was told that the dealer hoped to have it in time to put 23 plates on it and if it did turn up earlier then he would hold it until the 1 March.
Not sure that helps you much at this stage!
Octavia and Fabia estate in the naughties, recently a 1litre Kamiq, but now a 1.5 TSI Karoq SEDrive DSG
officeboy

Post by officeboy »

We also have ordered a new 1.5tsi Karoq, plus options beginning Sept 2022, from what we are hearing seems to be around 16 weeks, and expect 4 weeks advance notice of production.
We believe they are transported by train to Emden Germany before being transported by ship to the UK and on to your dealer. So one can see there could be hold-ups at every point.
With Christmas factory shutdown could slip more
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Your dealer should be able to supply you with an update every time the car moves on a stage,
Factory to train, arrival Emden, arrival uk, arrival dealer. You have to ask and you may have to push the dealer to do it.
You can track the ships via this web site.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/ports/DEEME001

You can look for these ships used to transport all VAG vehicles from Europe to UK. Skoda often get the 'hind tit' being the Junior VAG brand. VW & Audi cars often take preference.
Cars for Northern England are off loaded at Grimsby and Southern at Sheerness.
Car Carriers: Used by VAG. ( The 'City' and 'Highway' ships tend to be the most frequently used.)
1. City of Paris
2. City of Rome
3. Autorunner
4. Autoprestige
5. Schelde Highway
6. Neckar Highway
7. Weser Highway
8. Elbe Highway
9. Ems Highway
10. Danube Highway
11. Isar Highway
12. African Highway​

Hope this helps.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
SkodaFan

Post by SkodaFan »

My SEL was ordered on 6th Jun 22 and delivered to dealer in first week of October.

I picked it up on the 10th after dealer had added a couple of things that were not factory installs.