water pump issues

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
ferncottage1

Post by ferncottage1 »

Good morning.
Had to replace the water pump on my 2018 karoq .
the vehicle has done 50,000 miles . best part of £600 to replace which is not something I had laying around.
I may be looking at this from my side but 50,000 miles seems a little on te low side for a water pump failure.
Are water pump failures something the karoqs are known for - I had to take this to a local garage as it died on the motorway. and the owner commented on the amount of water pumps he deals with on the skoda marque .
I contacted skoda but they f**ked me of with out of warranty -these things happen. its how frequent they happen that I now feel is worth knowing.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I have not heard of water pump problems but it is interesting what your garage man said.
Skoda's comments typical I'm afraid.
Yet another instance which make me feel even happier happier about leaving Skoda after 13 years and 8 cars. Very sad.
reliability problems and niggling faults are not just in the domain of Skoda, All VAG are suffering similarly from what I have heard.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
ferncottage1

Post by ferncottage1 »

Thanks for the response.
This will be our last VAG vehicle.
Things go wrong that's a fact of life.
the manner and mannerisms that are utilise when dealing with these issues is what sets companies apart.
Unfortunately VAG skoda don't seemed to get that concept anymore

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post