Side Signal/Indicator and Clicking Noice

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
vpardava

Post by vpardava »

Hi All,

I got Skoda Karoq 2018 1.5 TSI petrol which I brought from dealership as used car. From the day one I brought it before 2 months I am observing below behaviour/issue.

1. Only when I turn on side signal/indicator and turn the streeing wheel just about 1cm on the direction of indicator chosen , I hear two clicking sound near around streeing wheel column
2. If I turn streeing wheel without giving indicator light then no noise/sound it only happens when Indicator is given and streeing is turned
3. I am not talking about Indicator light sound which occured along with blinking of light, its coming near from streeing wheel column.

Up on asking dealership to investigate they denying to check and saying its normal and comes in all other Skoda cars but when I drove couple of other I did not notice it .

Has anyone else noticed/faced this in their skoda / skoda karoq? is it really normal? is it issue which needs to be fixed by dealership?

FYI - Car is still under warrenty.

fsec

Post by fsec »

It is normal. The clicking sound when turning the steering wheel in the same direction as the signal is normal when using self cancelling signals
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

It is the return pall clicking, so that it self cancels when you straighten up.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)