SOS Error: Emergency Call Workshop!

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

No, I only had the fault appear after driving my new car for several months. I think it's triggered by some combination of factors, and is fairly random for the 0270 software variant. Since being updated to 0276 last November I've been fault-free.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

randyB

Post by randyB »

Hi Chris,
How do you know it's fixed permanently? I’m thinking of buying a 21 reg Karoq 1.5 ACT SE L from a dealer. Is there anyone in this forum who managed to get it fixed permanently? Please help as I do not want to buy and later regret.
Thanks in advanced
rxpaul

Post by rxpaul »

randyB wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:54 am Hi Chris,
How do you know it's fixed permanently? I’m thinking of buying a 21 reg Karoq 1.5 ACT SE L from a dealer. Is there anyone in this forum who managed to get it fixed permanently? Please help as I do not want to buy and later regret.
Thanks in advanced
Of all the faults that a car could have, I’d put this in the easy to live with category. Ok, it’s a bit of a nuisance but it only happens occasionally and resolves itself.
randyB

Post by randyB »

Thank you for your comment. So what you mean is that Skoda have not found a permanent solution for this issue and that you have to live with it after spending £29500 ?
atommyk

Post by atommyk »

My previous reply unfortunately didn’t post so here it is again - since the 1-year service, my Karoq has been fault-free. They updated the entire software which took them the entire day but since then no issues (Nov 2021)
randyB

Post by randyB »

Skoda service & Maintenance schedule
SKM_C300i22072108390.pdf
(134.44 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

randyB wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:54 am Hi Chris,
Thanks in advanced
There's no way to guarantee any fault has been fixed permanently. But I can only confirm that in my case it hasn't reoccurred since the software was updated.

Skoda recently posted an article at https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/sko ... ectronics/ explaining what they are doing to test the complex electronic systems fitted in modern cars, and the problems encountered in trying to ensure they cover as many combinations of events and control units as possible.

It was of course much simpler when I started driving, and a car's electrical system consisted of individual wires running from a battery via a switch to lights. indicators etc :)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
RogerJT

Post by RogerJT »

Just had my 2020MY Karoq serviced today. I have had the SOS system drop out about five times in the last 12 months, which is as long as I have owned the car, usually when travelling on a motorway, but it has always resolved itself the next time I have started the car.
I asked the dealer to look at this under warranty, he said there are no fault codes showing (he says a fault code shows if software needs updating) so there cant be a fault with the car! He claims they have had experience of HV power cables or signals from 5G masts interfering with the SOS signal, and, basically, he is saying that unless it gets any worse (i.e. wont reset on a restart) I just have to live with it! I just wish the whole thing could be disconnected, I cant see much point in a system which phones a help desk in Czechia if I have an accident in Warwickshire, but that cant be done.
atommyk

Post by atommyk »

That’s a ludicrous response! I wouldn’t let that slide. Skoda in Croydon (Marshall) were great.
Bramleyapple

Post by Bramleyapple »

I had the SOS Emergency Contact Garage message on my 21MY Karoq yesterday.I took it to Rainworth Skoda dealer in Sheffield who said it is a known fault and is covered by warranty and booked it in for September, earliest date available.they said the fault could be a software glitch, the battery or control module. It will take all day to sort it apparently.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post