Karoq Towbar Enquiry

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

Hi all,

Looking for some advice.

I've just leased a 2022 Karoq with factory fitted tow bar (it pops down from under the car).

I've tried to mount a brand new Thule tow bar bike carrier and it doesn't see to fit. The Thule info states I need 73mm clearance between the top of the ball and the thick area shown in the photo.

I thought all tow bars were identical?

Does anyone have any experience of this or advice about the shape/style of the tower?

IMG_5226.jpeg

Privyet

Post by Privyet »

Have you got this sorted yet?

A Thule tow bar bicycle carrier fitted on our previous 2019 Karoq with the factory fitted tow bar that swings down when you press the release switch. Our set up on that car sounds like the same as yours and the Thule bike carrier fitted OK.

We have recently swapped the 2019 Karoq for a 2022 Karoq. The dealer is waiting for delivery of a tow bar and will fit it to our car when it arrives. I am now wondering if we might have the same problem you describe if the tow bar spec has changed!
atkinbrown

Post by atkinbrown »

All tower balls are the same size. It might help if you clean the paint off the ball which would also improve the grip of the bike rack.
llywelyntheclaret

Post by llywelyntheclaret »

Hi
I have the same problem as you with a Skoda Superb, how have you managed to solve it?
olsoran

Post by olsoran »

Hi. did you ever manage to solve this - I have exactly the same problem.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post