Facelifted Karoq on the way!

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

For anyone waiting for the Karoq to be built, Skoda UK Media have announced:

"The #SKODA Karoq has fast-cemented its place in our line-up. we've sold 500,000 of the popular SUV since its launch in 2017 and last year it was our second best-seller worldwide.

"The wait is almost over to see the face-lifted model, which makes its debut on 30th Nov!"

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

But will it have any form of E?
For some reason Skoda waste (IMHO) time and money producing the Octavia in MILD hybrid which is a complete waste of money. I can get the same consumption out of my Karoq 1.5 DSG and the Oil burner will do even better.
The Octavia PHEV has had loads of MIB problems, resulting in some being rejected as unfit for purpose.
Even the Enyaq is suffering some serious problems.
Skoda need to get their *rse in gear over electrification.
That's one of the reasons, after 12 years enthusiastically supporting Skoda, I am going the HONDA route.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

The German motoring press are speculating that the Karoq engines may go the mild hybrid route like the Octavia, but a plug-in hybrid seems to have been ruled out since the Kodiaq's facelift didn't offer one. They suggest that Skoda is concentrating on developing full electric cars instead like the Enyaq and the new small electric car. (And you probably know my views on that cul-de-sac! I think they'll be the BetaMax eqivalent with hydrogen cars being the VHS winners in time.)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Looks like a mild front / rear change from these pictures: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/kar ... ater-month

They will be saving the full electric cars for the whole new platform, possibly called the Elroq.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

So improved aerodynamics, virtual cockpit now standard, optional matrix headlights and dynamic indicators (rear only??), and a new orange/gold colour. No hybrid power trains with existing provisions just tweaked a bit.

Looks like full LED rear lights for those who were bothered about the mix of LEDs and filament bulbs in the present Karoq, but at least the driver controls have retained the (safer IMO) buttons and knobs rather than go to touchscreen controls!

Lots of pics here: https://www.netcarshow.com/skoda/2022-karoq/

And official Skoda details here: https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/mod ... sentation/

Not coming until the spring, so no details yet of prices but automedia forecasting slight increases.

Chris
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

All those lovely new features...

...but it still gets the appalling MIB3 infotainment and sat nav system.

I will not be replacing my current car with a new Skoda when the contract comes to an end. They are simply falling into the same trap as many other manufacturers of giving us new features rather than benefits. It is interesting to look at recent reliability surveys that show the reliability of electric cars to be poor. When you look closer it turns out that the basic car functions are better than ICEs (which, given the lack of complexity, you might expect) but that all the frippery around the edges, gadgets and gizmos that nobody asked for, seems to be prone to failure resulting in disappointed owners. There is a lesson there for the marketing types, but I doubt they will listen.

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Apart from the Enyaq grille 'A blind man would be pleased to see the difference'
I am leaving Skoda after 12 years and 8 cars for two reasons.
1. They seem to be going down the route of BMW & Mercedes, in that you buy a car with minimal standard features and to add options that most people would like, or even consider essential, (even a Skoda reversing camera is E`XTRA on some models,) adds £thousands.
The starting price of the new Karoq is absurd. I cannot obviously speak from knowledge as the full details are not out, but I can almost guarantee that for £29,750 my new Honda HR-V FULL hybrid will have loads more useful standard bits and bobs. Premium paint, electric boot with 'kick opening' and 'walk away' closing. Blind spot monitor, cross traffic monitor and a full pack of safety70mpg round town. admittedly it is one second slower than the Karoq 0-62.
The other thing about Honda, if past record is anything to go by, is that their systems actually WORK .The previous HR-V achieved 100% reliability in the WHATCAR survey.
2. The reliability seems to be going down the pan. The number of faults reported on the fora are increasing, especially, as mentioned the dreadfulMIB electronics. Particularly affecting the Octavia PHEV. There are apparently a number of rejections reported on 'The Dark Side', (Briskoda) and a friend of mine was on the point of rejecting his for the same reason.
I am very sorry to be leaving Skoda and the best dealer I have ever had,, MEADENS of Brockenhurst. But I want to go slightly green. and i can't get into the Octavia, PHEV, it is too low and cramped for my bad back and long legs and I am not prepared to spend my pension on an Enyaq until the charging infrastructure is up to the mark.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Gardenohm

Post by Gardenohm »

I've had my Enyaq, supplied by Meadens, for five months now.
Absolutely fabulous car, and I say that after two Yetis and a Karoq.
I find it extraordinary that so many people, journalists particularly, whine on about having to pay more for features that you would like to add!
It's called choice - a very simple process - you look at the cost of the additional features and add them or not - it sure beats the "I've decided what you want" approach of Tesla and others.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I have dealt with Tom Sexton for 12 years and bought 7 out of the 8 Skodas I have owned from Meadens. They are the most fabulous dealership and I am so sorry to be leaving them.
BUT! for the reasons stated above, I am!
I'm sorry if you think I am whining on, but I disagree entirely with you. Obviously I am not aware of what grade of Enyaq you
have bought, but I have noticed on a couple of new Skodas that they can't even afford to put the lovely two tone horns on anymore. Instead sinking to the Asian habit of having a single tone horn. TG Honda have finally woken up and the new HR-V has a PROPER horn!

My gripe is not having to add features that I would LIKE, but I do object to having to pay for (especially safety) features that SHOULD be on the car as standard such as rear camera, blind spot monitoring and cross traffic alert.
My Karoq Sportline does nor even have flappy paddles, and yet it is a SPORTLiNE!!. Of course one CAN have them, but they are a cost option!
I was hoping not to have to waste space here, but to prove my point I am obviously going have to.

Here is a brand new Karoq Sportline at our favourite Skoda dealer. I was going to use the config, but Skoda have removed it as you can
no longer order a Karoq. Note the REAL price if this car. £30,515.! Against the Honda £29,950 OTR.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... Substitute

Admittedly it has a pan roof, knock off £1,100 and heated REAR seats. BUT IT'S MANUAL! so you can add £1,310 for DSG. The Honda being HYBRID is, of course, automatic
Karoq doesn't have auto dipping N/S door mirror on reverse (which I had on my Karoq Edition, never worked) but the HR-V does as standard and being Honda it WILL (and did on the demo) work!
Here is what I am paying £29,950 (HR-Ve:HEV Advance.for including premium Crystal red paint, As standard. The HR-V has foot operated tailgate which will auto close as I walk away . Just have a look! AND I achieved 70MPG on an hours test drive round Bournemouth and Poole.
Safety
ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) As standard
Airbags - Front Driver & Passenger As standard
Airbags - Passenger SRS Airbag with Cut Off Switch As standard
Airbags - Side (Front) As standard
Airbags - Side Curtain (Front and Rear) As standard
Blind Spot Information incl. Cross Traffic Monitor As standard
Brake Assist (BA) As standard
Collision Mitigation Braking System As standard
Collision Mitigation Throttle Control (RR&FR) As standard
Deflation Warning System (DWS) As standard
Driver SRS Airbag (Single Stage inflation) As standard
eCall (Europe) As standard
Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) As standard
Emergency Stop Signal As standard
Forward Collision Warning As standard
Front & Rear Seat Belts with Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) As standard
Adjustable Speed Limiter As standard
Intelligent Speed Limiter As standard
ISO Fix Points / I-SIZE As standard
Lane Departure Warning (LDW) As standard
Lane Keeping Assist System As standard
Low Speed Brake Function As standard
Low Speed Following As standard
Road Departure Mitigation As standard
Traffic Sign Recognition System As standard
Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) As standard
Whiplash Lessening Front Headrests As standard
SecurityHide
Immobiliser System As standard
Remote Central Locking with 2 Keys As standard
Security Alarm System As standard
Selectable Door Unlock As standard
Smart Entry & Start As standard
Super Locking As standard
Tonneau Cover (incl. in tailgate) As standard
Interior Trim
Function and technology
Comfort and convenience
Accessory Socket Location - Front As standard
Air Conditioning Dual Zone Auto As standard
Air Conditioning - Rear Vent As standard
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror As standard
Auto Wipers As standard
Cargo net hook As standard
Cruise Control - Adaptive As standard
Door Mirrors - Electrically Adjustable As standard
Door Mirrors - Heated As standard
Door Mirrors - Electrically Folding As standard
Door Mirrors - Exterior Mirror Tilt for Reverse As standard
Driver and Front Passenger Seat Armrest As standard
Electric Windows Front & Rear As standard
Front Seat - Manual Height Adjustment As standard
Front Seat Passenger and Driver - Pockets As standard
Heated Front Windshield As standard
Heated Seats - Front As standard
Heated Steering Wheel As standard
Key Fob with Mirror and Window Operation As standard
Luggage Floor Box As standard
Magic Seats As standard
Parking Sensors (Front 4: Rear 4) As standard
Power Tailgate (Handsfree) As standard
Rear Bench 60/40 Split As standard
Rear Seat Centre Armrest As standard
Rear View Camera As standard
Sunvisor Vanity Mirrors As standard
Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel As standard
Interior LightsShow
Audio and CommunicationsHide
BluetoothTM Hands Free Telephone (HFT) As standard
DAB As standard
My Honda+ Compatible As standard
Honda CONNECT with GARMIN Navigation (9" touchscreen, AM/FM/DAB, Apple Carplay and Android Auto) As standard
6 Speakers As standard
Speakers - Front Tweeter As standard
Steering Wheel Remote Audio Controls As standard
USB Front x2 As standard
USB Rear x2 As standard
Wireless Apple Carplay As standard
ExteriorShow
Exterior LightsHide
Auto Headlights As standard
LED Daytime Running Light As standard
LED Front Fog Lights As standard
Headlight Auto On/Off Timer (Coming Home/Leaving Home Function) As standard
LED Headlight As standard
High Beam Support System (HSS) As standard
RED & CLEAR LENS Rear Light As standard
Front Turn LED with sequential
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

You are obviously eager to get behind the wheel of your new Honda HR-V, Colin, but for me the Honda is a much smaller car than the Karoq - and nearer the Kamiq! I'm afraid boot size is important for me, and going from the Karoq's 521 litres to the Honda's 335 litres (as quoted) would be downsizing too far :)

As far as I can see, there is no option for a spare wheel either (which would reduce the boot size even further. And before you ask I needed my spare wheel just a month or so back!

(The Honda CR-V while bigger externally than the Karoq has a similar size boot, but of course is more expensive that the HR-V.)

Chris

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post