Electric tailgate question

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
LancashireLad

Post by LancashireLad »

Hi, since we bought our Karoq Edition back in March 2018 it has puzzled me why we can’t close the tailgate remotely, either by using key fob or the button on the drivers door. It works perfectly otherwise. I thought I saw one in video clip somewhere closing using key fob?
Am I missing something or is this not a standard feature?
I would be interested to know other owners experience.

sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

P.34 of the Owners Manual.

"Button on the key
› Press the button to open, close or stop the movement of the tail- gate.
The option to lock exists only on vehicles with a keyless locking system. The key must not be in the vehicle and must be at a distance of max. 2 m from the tailgate."

If this isn't working then off to the dealer will be the solution.

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
LancashireLad

Post by LancashireLad »

Thanks Tom,
I did get it to work earlier but not sure how! Then the thunderstorm arrived so left to investigate further using your guidance notes. Btw ours is a keyless version.
Geoff.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

The distance from the key to the tailgate seems to be quite critical. I can unlock the doors remotely from tens of feet away, but I need to be within a few feet of the tailgate. Perhaps this is a safety feature to stop the tailgate rising and hitting someone closer to it?

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I have 20 reg Sportline 1.5 DSG and I can open the tailgate with the key from 30 feet away! (while the car is locked-if that makes any difference)
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

You're right Kodiaq,

Either I'd caught it on an off say before, or I wasn't pressing the button long enough :)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
LancashireLad

Post by LancashireLad »

Thanks for all your input.
I think I have ‘cracked it’ , I can use the key fob to open the tailgate from up to quite a distance but need to be within approx 2m to close it by one press of the button. I am pleased it’s working but puzzled how it’s taken me this long to understand the operation, fading brain cell likely cause.
Geoff.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

You have to be close to use the key to close it to ensure nothing is trapped such as dog tail, child etc.
(note my priority!) :lol:
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post