“Showroom shine”

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Karoq71

Post by Karoq71 »

Hi everyone, my first post, I have a Karoq 1.5 SEL DSG Velvet Red Metallic on order hopefully for delivery middle of September, I was wondering what the fanatical owners were using to keep the showroom shine in the way of wax/polish as their is a vast choice of products on the market, looking forward to feedback on people’s experience of the best product.

Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

Don't let the dealer fob you off with a coating most dealers don't do it well best going to one of the places that do it proper though they will need the cars for 2-3 days
Must be mad not enough money to be eccentric
Karoq71

Post by Karoq71 »

Thanks, was asking for recommendations what product to buy to do it myself in the future as there are so many to choose from.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Have you seen this article from AutoExpress? https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessori ... h-your-car
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
jjg70

Post by jjg70 »

I'll try to summarise without boring you for too long. I've had 55 years with motors and like to keep them looking good. Don't fall for the Salesman pushing a super duper last for ever finish on your car for a discounted couple of hundred quid which will give him a super duper commission. Don't use the local scratch and shine East European gangster run car washes. Use the two bucket method for washing and don't overdo the wash fluid as it will strip off existing wax. After trying loads of products and taking advice from people who know what they are talking about, I give the car a coat of Collinite 476 twice a year. It's easy to use and gives good protection from bird shit etc. I've always used good quality leathers in the past and still do occasionally but modern microfibre cloths are easier to use. I've never bothered with clay bars and such but if you have time and energy, they do produce good results. When using supermarkets, park far away from the entrance and enjoy the walk. You're less likely to get trolley and door damage from other cars. If you look after the car and keep it looking good, sell it privately when it comes to a change as a perfect car won't give you much extra when it comes to part ex. Good luck.
NascarMike

Post by NascarMike »

I use products from www.waxplanet.co.uk who are based near Rotherham. I have just purchased a new Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI, used their Lock N Load and top up with Dura Gloss Wax Coat. In between I also put on Expression Detail Spray or Poly Gloss Montan, which can be used after your have rinsed off your car as a drying aid and also protects as well.Their products I find are very good value (especially if you go for the 5 Litre containers, will definitely last a long time) easy to apply and take off.
Aura Pure Shampoo another great product,with fantastic dilution rates, therefore will last for ages.
Don't know whether you have a snow foam Lance (if not get one) the Eight Below Snow Foam Concentrate is excellent.
In the past I have also used www.cleanyourcar.co.uk, bought their snow form Lance £25.95 and for the interior dashboard etc I use Poorboys Natural Look Dressing which is an excellent product and also smells great as well, which is what you want for the interior, rather than a chemical smell. Won't tell you how much I have spent, but I believe that if you buy quality products, use on a regular basis, your car will always look in a great condition. If you want to pm for any further help, you are more than welcome.
scorpion2

Post by scorpion2 »

I am hoping to purchase a new Karoq SE L this week but in black (not my favourite colour as they tend to show all blemishes etc). It also has the 18" wheels which prefer over the 19". Not a lot of choice for new or nearly new karoqs at the moment. I found all the comments very helpful and useful, thank you to all the advice as I like to keep my cars clean. I will certainly try some of the products.
NascarMike

Post by NascarMike »

Forgot to mention, after getting all that paint work all nice and clean,waxed up and looking spot on, don't spoil it by forgetting your tyres and wheels. The number of times I see a car looking clean but is let down by average looking wheels and the tyres not dressed. :o :(
samdylan

Post by samdylan »

Autoglym gloss plus protection (very easy to apply )every couple of months, soon builds up a good coat .The water just wicks off .