SOS Error: Emergency Call Workshop!

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Hope you get it sorted out :)

The problem seems a bit hit and miss at the moment. Although there are certainly cars out there which are experiencing this problem, mine never has (fingers crossed and touching wood!). It would be interesting to know if there is some common pattern in the cars involved or their locations.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

sparky

Post by sparky »

had the same issue on my 70 karoq about 6 times always at the same roundabout near my home. always resets after stopping the car getting used to it now but will have to visit dealer for (hopefully) an update/ reset
Dodgyskoda

Post by Dodgyskoda »

I too am also new to the forum.
Untold problems with sat nav on Skoda Karoq SE. I have had the same issue on numerous occasions with sos contact workshop.
Dealer does not know what the problem is.
Satnav has tried to send me approx 120 miles from my destination.
System just shut down completely and then came back on after a few minutes.
On another note has anyone experienced the juddery windscreen wiper blades yet. Comes and goes on mine
For a car that has 3000 miles and 6 months use since new, I am not impressed
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Dodgyskoda wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:15 pm On another note has anyone experienced the juddery windscreen wiper blades yet. Comes and goes on mine
For a car that has 3000 miles and 6 months use since new, I am not impressed
Sorry to hear about your problems, but if the dealer agrees your car is faulty I'd be insisting they sort it out or replace it!

The factory-fit wipers are notorious for squealing and juddering, either from new or within a few hundred miles. Most agree that the solution is to buy some Bosch ones instead: either Bosch Aerotwin A864S (18"/45cm & 26"/65cm) or Aerotwin Plus (AP26U & AP18U)
for the front, and a Bosch A331H (13"/33cm) for the rear. Easily obtained from Halfords (at a price) or cheaper from Amazon, eBay etc.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Dodgyskoda

Post by Dodgyskoda »

Appreciate all input.
Guess what !!!
Whole system shut down yet again whilst driving. Screen just went totally blank and sound system shut off.
Definitely about time that Skoda replace all systems for one that works I think
Dodgyskoda

Post by Dodgyskoda »

Just as an update for others.
I reported this again to the dealer ( Beadles Southend ) . They said they would need to have the car for a minimum of one day, maybe longer. First date available is 01/09/21. Not very reassuring when the message says SOS contact workshop.
They also suggested phoning emergency assistance.
This seems ridiculous as the system seems to reset every time you turn ignition off.
Eventually they gave me the number for Skoda customer service which turned out to be the number for Skoda finance (which I do not have)
After searching internet I got the correct number and reported the issue to the agent.
They seem a bit cagey on accepting that they have heard of this issue previously.
The case is recorded and has been escalated to a senior adviser, who apparently will phone me back within 48 hours.
I will keep you informed if i get an answer.
Cheers.
Char

Post by Char »

Hi,

Has anybody had this issue resolved? I have had my car for 9 months and had trouble for the last 8 months, it’s been into Skoda 5 times and is currently in there for 1 week as of today! They can never find the issues and hand the car back to me with an updated system, 1 week after doing the update, all the technical faults come back again!!
Dodgyskoda

Post by Dodgyskoda »

Another quick update. Skoda phoned on Tuesday and said they would need to speak to dealer and then phone back to me on Friday. This actually happened, although it appears a total waste of time as Skoda seem to have put their head in the sand. They can’t or will not accept that they have heard of this issue previously and will not comment.
As fully expected , the car has to go back to dealers. The only improvement is that they reckon they can get me booked in on the 19/08/21 which is two weeks earlier than Beadles could offer me last week. Funny that, isn’t it that Skoda head office seem to have extra clout !!! This clearly is a major fault and would appear that a recall is necessary.
Very concerning that warning signs continually come up and Skoda and their dealers don’t seem to accept the issue.
Guess what ! The SOS message came on yet again tonight. Only difference is that it did not reset as usual when ignition turned off and then back on.
why on earth did I decide to get a Skoda ??? Never again. I think I’ve learnt my lesson.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

All these posts are very disturbing and coupled with dreadful tales of similar electronic probs on a friend's Octavia iV PHEV. He is giving his dealer one more opportunity to resolve his car's problems and if unsuccessful he will reject the car. Like me, he also is a multiple Skoda owner over many years.
I have come to the very sad conclusion after owning 8 Skodas (only with minor faults, but including SOS on my '17 Kodiaq) that my next car will NOT be a Skoda!
Hello Honda eHEV!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Dodgyskoda

Post by Dodgyskoda »

Car is now finally booked into Beadles Skoda for next Friday. I have been absolutely assured by their service manager that whilst they have had a few various cars in,that all had the same problem, they have managed to resolve all and currently have none except mine. My car continually comes up with the same problem on a daily basis !!!
I really look forward to getting a decent car. Just hope the courtesy car supplied is better than the Skoda !!!
I don’t hold out much hope for the issue being resolved, but only time will tell.
Absolutely clear that Skoda have a major issue with this system and still appear to be sending out cars with the same fault.
I will advise next week of the outcome.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post