Owners handbook

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Swprugby

Post by Swprugby »

Hi,
Has anyone got a 2020/2021 owners handbook they wish to sell or don’t want.
Took delivery of my my21 Sportline today however no user handbook in the black folder in the glovebox, dealership said sometimes they don’t come with one as it’s all done via the infotainment system etc.
Find this explanation hard to believe.

Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

Seems like a load of rubbish to me, the manual is the only thing in the folder theses days no service booklet
Must be mad not enough money to be eccentric
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

There should be a paper handbook in the car!

This covers all the obvious things like controls, seats, safety, assist systems etc, although it refers you to the downloaded handbook for details on the infotainment system.

You get this from https://manual.skoda-auto.com/210/en-gb/Models by inputting your VIN (which will automatically give you the correct version) or by selecting Karoq, '2020/11' as the production period, 'other' as the market, and 'English' as the language.

But if the dealer is fobbing you like this I'd check that you have all the expected accessories like the netting system, locking wheelbolt key, jack and wheelbrace or puncture gunk and inflator, etc!

You can also download details of the Skoda Roadside Assistance scheme at https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/roadside-assistance. (Skoda did stop supplying paper copies of this some time ago, along with the Service Handbook!)

Did the dealer bother to show you round the car at all, and explain how to use the SOS, Service and Info call buttons up by the sunroof controls??

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Swprugby

Post by Swprugby »

Thanks Chris
Yes got all the above except the black wallet did not have the user manual/ handbook in it.
Had the car delivered due to distance involved so there was no show around the vehicle etc by the Skoda dealership just dropped off handed the keys & paperwork but the dealership promised a follow up call today where I’ll raise the issue of the handbook, oh & they have to activate the Skoda connect function to open/close doors from your phone.
Regards
Jason.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Swprugby wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:30 am
... oh & they have to activate the Skoda connect function to open/close doors from your phone.
Regards
Jason.
That could be interesting as they are supposed to take a copy of your driving licence to prove your identity before doing that!

When I collected my car I asked the sales manager to activate mine and he was adamant that it wasn't needed, and my information must be down to people buying demo cars that had been registered to someone else. Needless to say he was wrong and mine still isn't activated - on reflection I decided it was a security risk and wasn't worth the effort to drive back to have it done.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

Mine has been activated but it's useless says the car is open but it isn't, have to tell it to lock it then it shows locked
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Pragmatix55 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:44 pm Mine has been activated but it's useless says the car is open but it isn't, have to tell it to lock it then it shows locked
I've got a suspicion this is down to when it stores the data in the cloud. When I come back from shopping and unload the shopping from the boot, then close and lock the car, the app often tells me the doors are unlocked. If I then tell the app's status to reset, it corrects itself. It's as if it has stored the status of the doors while I am still unloading the boot and before I've locked the car. But other times if I just jump out of the car and lock it, it sees the car as being locked.

Chris
Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

CJJE wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:21 pm
Pragmatix55 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:44 pm Mine has been activated but it's useless says the car is open but it isn't, have to tell it to lock it then it shows locked
I've got a suspicion this is down to when it stores the data in the cloud. When I come back from shopping and unload the shopping from the boot, then close and lock the car, the app often tells me the doors are unlocked. If I then tell the app's status to reset, it corrects itself. It's as if it has stored the status of the doors while I am still unloading the boot and before I've locked the car. But other times if I just jump out of the car and lock it, it sees the car as being locked.

Chris
That makes sense I miss the ability to start the car remotely like I could with Ford pass, though the rest of that app was pretty useless