Karoq

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Tonychip49

Post by Tonychip49 »

Does the Karoq have a locking petrol cap please.

jjg70

Post by jjg70 »

I've only just got mine so I haven't worked everything out yet. It appears not, which surprises me. You just press the flap and it opens without having to press anything inside the car. I must check today whether it can be opened when the car is locked and you haven't got the key in proximity.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Yes, it's controlled by the central locking.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Tony,
Welcome to the forum.
The flap (not the cap) locks automatically, and unlocks, when you lock/unlock the car.
On my last Karoq the solenoid failed in the locked position.
Just in case it happens to anybody else........
There is no way out of this dilemma apart from forcing it. A screwdriver wrapped in a rag inserted in the gap twixt the flap and the bodywork, with gentle but firm pressure will snap the plastic on the flap. Unfortunately you then have to get your Skoda dealer to replace the solenoid from inside the boot and replace the flap which comes in primer so has to be sprayed to suit the car.
if the car is out of warranty it would be cheaper to NOT repair it as there is an anti-syphon coil in the filler pipe so nobody can pinch your petrol. Luckily Mine was under warranty!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Tonychip49

Post by Tonychip49 »

Thanks everyone for quick reply

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post