Car locking itself

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Sezapryce

Post by Sezapryce »

I have had this problem for months now and every time I take it to the Skoda garage they say there’s no fault when they put it on the machine.

1) I hear the car lock itself when I get out or get in, but the wing mirrors stay out. I am definitely not presssing the lock button on my key. At times I have locked my children in the car as the key remains in the car and all the doors just locked themselves immediately. Luckily my daughter could open her door from the inside.

2) at times (50% of the time) when I’m driving, every time I go below 9mph then accelerate again I hear the automatic locking click twice. This doesn’t just happen when I’m driving off at first (which I know is normal) it happens throughout the journey.

3) frequently when I get in the car my key is not recognised and the car doesn’t start. If I press the unlock button on the key it will then work.

If anyone has had a similar problem or knows what could b causing it please help. Luckily my car is still in warranty.

Thanks

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Weird, sorry, haven't come across this.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

As there is a safety element with the car unexpectedly locking, then why not escalate to Skoda UK?

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
Naresh

Post by Naresh »

I too have been having this problem and mentioned it to the dealer when the car was in for another fault. They couldn’t find a solution and have now booked the car in for a diagnostic check. Have you been able to resolve your problem yet?
Tullamore

Post by Tullamore »

Have similar problem but when locked drivers door can be opened and locking works intermittently when driving / having drivers door lock changed Monday hopefully to fix problem
Spotthedog

Post by Spotthedog »

Hi. I’m having exactly the same issues that you have described. Has anyone on this thread managed to find out the cause yet from Skoda or get the problem fixed?
Spotthedog

Post by Spotthedog »

Just a further thought on this, I wonder if there is a pattern to specific model type etc?
Mine is 2018 2 litre diesel SE L, with the larger screen info system (Canton).
Is this occurring in just this type or other variants too?
Tullamore

Post by Tullamore »

Had problem with car locking found out if you lock your car check all doors are locked as with me the drivers door was not locked but the boot and other 3 doors were / got new drivers door lock as it was not working hope this is of help
On another note as I was leaving the dealership another bloke came in reporting same problem on his Octavia I have a karoq
Naresh

Post by Naresh »

The Karoq has been with the dealer now for a week and still no result. Dealer tells me they are waiting to hear back from Scoda technical team!
Hartley66

Post by Hartley66 »

My car has started doing exactly the same. All doors locked except the driver door. When driving and slow down, passenger rear door central locking keeps clicking.main console lock symbol no longer lite.
Dealer wanting to charge me £130 for diagnostic check one month out of warranty.
I’ve seen lots of similar issues but no diagnosis? Can anyone tell me what the issue is?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post