Infotainment system upgrade

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Tomasito

Post by Tomasito »

Hi All,

I have just purchased my first 2018 Skoda Karoq and I am thrilled to join to the family. I am also new to this forum so if my question is stupid please don't go hard on me.

The Karoq I purchased comes with a 6.5" display "swing" Infotainment system and I want to upgrade to the 8" display "Bolero, Amundsen" system but not sure if it is quite possible. In the communication manual I found that the system is different in the way the control unit and the screen are installed in the car. My "swing" system comes as one unit while the "Bolero, Amundsen" controller is in the glove compartment (I Do have a hole in the glove compartment, I guess the company make all plastic build the same).

The questions are:
Dose someone knows for sure if it possible or not to make this upgrade?
Are there other components that might not work with the "Amundsen" system (If I buy the screen and the control unit)?
The place where the "Amundsen" control unit might fit is closed in the back, do you think the connections will be to complicated.

Any insights will help. Thanks in advance for all helpers.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome to the forum.
I don't have any great knowledge of infotainement systems.
Isn't the bolero screen 9"? if so I assume it wouldn't fit the hole in the dash?
Also I would think the extra wiring might be prohibitively difficult.
I stand to be corrected by those who know better. but I think what you want to do is a 'no-go'.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post