rattle sounds and road noises

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
WH1234567890

Post by WH1234567890 »

caravancrazy wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:34 pm Have seen a post on here some time ago & this person discovered the washer tubing was rattling about the back somewhere in or near the tailgate & they covered the tubing in foam & taped it all up I wondered could the tubing be making so much noise
Thanks, I’ll have a look into that.

WH1234567890

Post by WH1234567890 »

kodiaq wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:18 am I have changed wheels & tyres to 16" with Bridgestone 'All Seasons' and it now has a distinctive tyre 'growl'. Not unpleasant nor too intrusive.
I had the same when I put winter tyres on my old Volvo. It wasn’t well sound insulated.
David J

Post by David J »

I have to agree with sanqhar as mine is horrible on long journeys and has the same Bridgestone Turanzas. My car is in the dealership to try and repair a bad water leak and I have a Karoq 1.0 basic model with Michelin tyres and it is soooooo much quieter on the road and the engine is much sweeter than my gruff 1.5.
Bonfire

Post by Bonfire »

Just arrived into the Karoq family - we bought an 18 plate 1.6tdi SE-L after our 18 year old SAAB finally gave up on us and I can't fault the Karoq at the moment. We have Michelin Pilot tyres on our 18 inch rims and although the ride is a little harder than we'd like, despite having 56k on the clock it drives like the new Karoqs I took out on test drives last autumn. No rattles or thumps - it is a pleasure to be able to hold a conversation at normal volumes rather than having to shout over the road and engine noise in the SAAB.
Karoq 1.6TDi SE L Meteor Grey MY18 Man 2WD
WH1234567890

Post by WH1234567890 »

Just thought I'd post regarding the boot rattle. I tried the fix in the post attached and annoying clunck is now gone.
Read to the end, it's worth it.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/4 ... ot-rattle/
Anoldoap

Post by Anoldoap »

Took your advice and read to the end. Phew, top marks for perseverance and the posts.
This is a really useful forum! :D
jchrisk

Post by jchrisk »

My almost 4 yr old low mileage Karoq developed an annoying rattle in the drivers door. After reading the forums and poking various bits associated with the area of the rattle I homed in on the window switch unit in the door handle. Working on the basis that it looked to have been fitted by being pushed in from the top I managed unclip it and lift it out of its housing with the aid of a thin broad bladed screwdriver. The 4 switches seemed to be individual units mounted in a plastic frame. Shaking the frame indicated that the switches were loose enough to rattle about. I applied strips of insulating tape to the frame hoping to arrest this excess movement (rather like taping an athlete's limb) without interfering with the operation of the switches and pushed the switch unit back into position. It worked, all is now quiet. Apologies to the techies for my amateur terminology....!