Navigation and maps

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Robstock2

Post by Robstock2 »

Hi
I decided to update my navigation today... what a disaster
I have done everything suggested on the website and on every forum i can think of TNA.
its now so bad that i cant get navigation at all on the car other than via smartlink and waze.
Now, i have downloaded the latest maps and extracted one to the SD card. placed it in the drive and selected NAV in the car.
However. all that happens is "error sd"1 I have tried keeping the file zipped, unzipped to root and a folder but cannot get the car to regognise the software... I cannot use the NAV button, if i do its unavailable or no map database detected...
Ive tried all three formats (Fat32, exfat and ntfs, also

Any ideas?

Thanks

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Did you back up the old maps on the SD card before overwriting it with the updated maps? If so, have you tried returning it to the original files?

Normally in VAG cars, you extract the files from the zipped package and copy them all onto the original SD card (which has some hidden data identifying it as a valid sat nav SD card).

I can't remember off-hand which format is required, but it will be whatever the original card used if that's any help.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
ElginCityBlue

Post by ElginCityBlue »

What size card were you using? I've heard 32GB is the maximum size SDHC card that can be used. I've tried a 32GB card today, but I'm now having trouble getting the files onto SD card (there's 29GB of files once it's extracted). The whole Skoda update process seems to be severely flawed if you want to try and do it yourself.
Karoq Edition | 1.5 TSI DSG | Quartz Grey
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

Is your computer Mac or Windows?

Must admit I wouldn't even attempt it on my Mac. It looks complicated, not sure my old brain could keep up.

So far I have relied on my dealer to do it for me on the annual service.

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

The simplest solution is to use Google maps for navigation. Always up to date and without the "quirks" of Skoda's maps. along with KESSY I would have preferred to save the cost of the builtin sat nav.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post