Edition

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
gigolo456

Post by gigolo456 »

Good morning All, and this is a question more-so for all you Edition owners plse..
Are you glad you chose the Edition trim in the end, or, do you now wish you'd got something like the SE L? I'm still undecided, so hopefully a test-drive in the comings weeks will firm my mind up!?
My Carwow prices are very competitive it seems, and after adding on a mere few options on the SE L trim, there appears to only be a c.£2k difference essentially!!
However, and I appreciate it's very subjective, does this extra c.£2k really give you that much more? Is it likely to hold it's value better being an Edition?

Confusingly
Andrew

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Hello Andrew,
I have owned SE L, Edition 4wd and now Sportline.
I must say that the Edition had everything I wanted as did the SE L, as they both had leather. (see below re pan toof) The Sportline has more 'huggy' seats, but NOT leather and the rear seats do not slide which is a pain in the backside as fixed as they are, the boot is not quite big enough for our 2 x 25Kg Longdogs.
For some inexplicable reason I find the Sportline quicker, especially when overtaking . It gives the impression of being more torquey.
I have enquired of my dealer tech wizard if Skoda tweak the Sportline engine. but he cannot find a definitive answer.
All three have had the 1.5 DSG set up.
Things I specially liked about the Edition was the electric cream leather seat. Things I don't like about the Sportline. the cloth seats and the immovable back seats. Pan roof is a must for me and both came with it as standard. The SE L had a solid roof and a black headlining. which I can't stand and that was why I sold it as soon as the Edition demo became available.
Hope this helps.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
gigolo456

Post by gigolo456 »

Hi Colin, many thanks for your constructive feedback!! I am edging i think towards the Edition, it will be the 1.5l petrol DSG, in whatever trim I get tbh!! Were all the other goodies (as standard) good, or just nice to have so to speak??
I'm torn over the pan roof also oddly enough! My concern is that it would require lots of maintenance over the years, potentially ending up with big repair deals, and additional hassle, or am I worrying too much (as usual) lol??
Cheers
Andrew
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I've had electric sunroofs in all my cars since 1999 - a Golf Mk4, Skoda Octavia, Golf Plus, Gold SV and now my Karoq, and have kept most of them for 5 or more years. (The exception was my Golf Plus which I sold after 3 years when the Golf SV came out.)

The only car that had any problems with the sunroof was my Golf Mk4, and this was around 7 years old when the electric motor failed with the sunroof open. I don't remember exactly how much it cost to repair, but I don't think it was too bad.

As long as you keep the internal drain pipes clear, and the runners greased, you should have any leaks or other problems in my view. And I have extended warranties now to cover the cost of any DSG problems, so any repairs should be covered too.

When I was comparing trim levels for the Karoq, I found that if I added the options I wanted to the SEL, then the Edition turned out to be cheaper. But I prefer the rear seat in the Sportline to the VarioFlex seats even though it doesn't slide, and was put off by the grey bumpers on the SEL and Edition so went with the Sportline.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
gigolo456

Post by gigolo456 »

Cheers Chris, yes, when you start adding on extras to the SE L, you might as well just get the Edition lol!! Coming from a Golf Mk 7, am I right in thinking that the service schedule between the 2 would be pretty much the same?
Thanks again
Andrew
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Yes Andrew, the VAG servicing regimes seem to be the same across VW and Skoda, and to change in step - so the current VW schedule would be the same as the current Skoda schedule, but both may differ from older ones.

You get the choice of Fixed term servicing (essentially every 12 months or 10,000 miles (but the car will start nagging at 9,320 miles as it's thinking in kilometres and wants a service at 15,000 kilometres) or flexible servicing where you need an oil change anywhere between 12,000 and 18,000 say depending on the kind of journeys you make + an inspection service ever two years.

If you do a lot of miles, then the flexible servicing is cheaper, but when I used it many years ago I found it annoying that the two services weren't synchronised.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.